PDA

View Full Version : Re: Lance Armstrong: True American?

W K
July 15th 03, 11:29 PM
"Zippy the Pinhead" > wrote in message
s.com...

> >> Any credible quotes there MR Laura Bush aka transvestite ?
> >
> >What he said in the french magazine "L'Equipe" :
>
> <Snip frog-babble>
>
> >"I am not a fan of the war, but I am not either a fan of a dictator like
> >Saddam Hussein and obviously not of any form of terrorism. However, I
think
> >that it would be an error to go there without the support of the United
> >Nations and Europe"
>
> Which falls somewhat short of calling President Bush "an idiot".
> Armstrong is as entitled to his opinion as any other American, and his
> opinion bears no more weight than anyone else's.

Maybe, but he's been abroad more than once.

Robert Oliver
July 16th 03, 12:32 AM
> Which falls somewhat short of calling President Bush "an idiot".

The quote fell VERY short of calling him an idiot.

> Armstrong is as entitled to his opinion as any other American, and his
> opinion bears no more weight than anyone else's.

So why is it being posted here?

Luigi de Guzman
July 16th 03, 03:35 AM
if Lance Armstrong ceased to be a "true American" because of his
disagreement with the substance of President Bush's policy, then
surely the USSR was correct in the imprisonment and execution of
political dissidents, undesirable elements, counterrevolutionaries,
and class-enemies?

it amuses me to see the "patriots" employing good, old-fashioned
democratic-centralist practice in the running of their policy--hold a
debate, ballot the people, and expel anybody who doesn't agree with
the line thus taken. Lenin would be proud. don't know about Patrick
Henry, though.

-=Luigi

Dennis P. Harris
July 16th 03, 08:46 AM
On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 23:32:10 GMT in rec.bicycles.misc, "Robert
Oliver" > wrote:

> > Which falls somewhat short of calling President Bush "an idiot".
>
> The quote fell VERY short of calling him an idiot.

in spite of the fact that he IS an idiot, as well as a liar,
crook, and former coke addict.

Scott
July 16th 03, 03:39 PM
(Dennis P. Harris) wrote in message >...
> On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 23:32:10 GMT in rec.bicycles.misc, "Robert
> Oliver" > wrote:
>
> > > Which falls somewhat short of calling President Bush "an idiot".
> >
> > The quote fell VERY short of calling him an idiot.
> >
> in spite of the fact that he IS an idiot, as well as a liar,
> crook, and former coke addict.

Don't forget acquiring not one but TWO DUI's and being a deserter for
the National Guard. Oh, and insider trader, too. If the SEC strings
up Martha Stewart, Bushy Boy should be next, the crook.

Scott

archer
July 16th 03, 03:42 PM
In article >,
says...
> (Dennis P. Harris) wrote in message >...

> > > The quote fell VERY short of calling him an idiot.
> > >
> > in spite of the fact that he IS an idiot, as well as a liar,
> > crook, and former coke addict.
>
> Don't forget acquiring not one but TWO DUI's and being a deserter for
> the National Guard. Oh, and insider trader, too. If the SEC strings
> up Martha Stewart, Bushy Boy should be next, the crook.

He may have tried it, but I don't believe he was ever addicted to coke,
and I've never heard of any insider trading charges. Where do they come
from? BTW, Joining the National Guard to avoid being drafted is hardly
draft dodging.

--
David Kerber
An optimist says "Good morning, Lord." While a pessimist says "Good

The Causey Way
July 16th 03, 03:52 PM
"J Jones" > wrote in message
.. .
> "Dennis P. Harris" > wrote in message

> > > The quote fell VERY short of calling him an idiot.
> > >
> > in spite of the fact that he IS an idiot, as well as a liar,
> > crook, and former coke addict.
> >

> An idiot who continually cleans Democrat's clocks politically. Enjoy
2004!
> Jeff

I'm sorry, who was it that won the popular vote last time? Oh, that's right,
Al Gore. You know, he's a Democrat. Imagine that. More people voted for a
Democrat. Hmmm.

Claire Petersky
July 16th 03, 06:32 PM
> BTW, Joining the National Guard to avoid being drafted is hardly
> draft dodging.

The issue is that didn't serve his full term of duty. See:
http://www.straightdope.com/columns/030411.html.

Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky )
Home of the meditative cyclist:

Books just wanna be FREE! See what I mean at:
http://bookcrossing.com/friend/Cpetersky

Zippy the Pinhead
July 16th 03, 09:13 PM
On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 12:49:49 -0300, Chris Phillipo
> wrote:

> You don't see 150,000 Europeans chanting E-U-R-O-P-E! at a hockey game.

That's because there aren't 150,000 Europeans who can spell Europe.

J Jones
July 16th 03, 11:10 PM
"The Causey Way" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> "J Jones" > wrote in message
> .. .
> > "Dennis P. Harris" > wrote in message

> > > in spite of the fact that he IS an idiot, as well as a liar,
> > > crook, and former coke addict.
> > >

> > An idiot who continually cleans Democrat's clocks politically. Enjoy
> 2004!
> > Jeff
> >

> I'm sorry, who was it that won the popular vote last time? Oh, that's
right,
> Al Gore. You know, he's a Democrat. Imagine that. More people voted for a
> Democrat. Hmmm.

Still bitter, I see.
However, in America, the popular vote is not what elects Presidents - the
electoral vote does. So, yes, more people voted for Gore, but Bush won the
Whitehouse because he carried more electoral votes. Make sense?
Jeff

Scott
July 17th 03, 12:18 AM
archer > wrote in message >...
> In article >,
> says...
> > (Dennis P. Harris) wrote in message >...

> > > in spite of the fact that he IS an idiot, as well as a liar,
> > > crook, and former coke addict.
> >
> > Don't forget acquiring not one but TWO DUI's and being a deserter for
> > the National Guard. Oh, and insider trader, too. If the SEC strings
> > up Martha Stewart, Bushy Boy should be next, the crook.
>
> He may have tried it, but I don't believe he was ever addicted to coke,
> and I've never heard of any insider trading charges. Where do they come
> from? BTW, Joining the National Guard to avoid being drafted is hardly
> draft dodging.

The insider trading charges come from his time in one of the companies
he was helping run into the ground in Texas. He was on (chairman?) of
the audit commitee and sold his stock before the news went public and
the stock value tanked. His connections, as usual, kept him out of
trouble.

I didn't say her dodged the draft (read my post). He was enlisted in
the National Guard and DID NOT SHOW UP FOR A YEAR. Thus, he qualifies
as a deserter. Again, Daddy's connections kept him from facing
serious court martial proceedings. I think Clinton was a snake, but
if he had done these kinds of things, we'd never have heard the end of
it. What is it with Teflon Bush?

See this analysis for some info. on his "service." Although in this
site it does not mention the length of AWOL qualifying as "deserter."
I don't recall right now where I read that, but the record is bad
enough.

http://www.tompaine.com/feature.cfm/ID/3671

Here's some info. on his business practices:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/enron/story/0,11337,749029,00.html

This Emperor is buck-naked and no one cares. C'est America!

Scott

GABIKE
July 17th 03, 12:23 AM
> So, yes, more people voted for Gore, but Bush won the
>Whitehouse because he carried more electoral votes.

If Gore had won in his home state of Tennessee, he would have won the election.
That should tell the rest of the country something if his own state doesnt want
him.

F1
July 17th 03, 12:35 AM
> Dems are oh so quick to call Bush 'an idiot', yet they have no substantive
> ideas to stand on when it comes to actually countering Bush politically -
> just lots of bitterness, negativity, and name-calling. Who wants to vote
> for such a miserably unhappy bunch? The mid-terms pretty much answered
that
> question.

Which usually means they have lost the argument. Once a foe turns towards
personal attacks, it shows they have run out of "real" ammunition.

"J Jones" > wrote in message
.. .
> "Chris Phillipo" > wrote in message
> .. .
> > In article >,
> > says...

> > > An idiot who continually cleans Democrat's clocks politically. Enjoy
> 2004!
> > > Jeff
> > >

> > I don't think any president that wins without the popular vote can claim
> > to clean anyone's clock. Then agian it's not like there wass a lot to
> > choose from.
>
> I'm more referring to the many times after the election that Bush has come
> out on top politically - i.e., Iraq, mid-term elections, education reform,
> and countless others where Dems have tried to tarnish Bush's reputation to
> no avail.
>
> Dems are oh so quick to call Bush 'an idiot', yet they have no substantive
> ideas to stand on when it comes to actually countering Bush politically -
> just lots of bitterness, negativity, and name-calling. Who wants to vote
> for such a miserably unhappy bunch? The mid-terms pretty much answered
that
> question.
> Jeff
>

> > --
> > _________________________
> > Chris Phillipo - Cape Breton, Nova Scotia
> > http://www.ramsays-online.com

J Jones
July 17th 03, 01:14 PM
"Dennis P. Harris" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 18:10:41 -0400 in rec.bicycles.misc, "J
> Jones" > wrote:
>
> > Bush won the
> > Whitehouse because he carried more electoral votes.
>
> because daddy's supreme kkkourt declared him the winner, totally
> ignoring the state's rights precedents of their own cases.

More name-calling (kkkourt). Keep going - Dems look smarter and smarter all
the time...
Jeff

W K
July 17th 03, 09:44 PM
"J Jones" > wrote in message
> "Dennis P. Harris" > wrote in message
> > On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 18:10:41 -0400 in rec.bicycles.misc, "J
> > Jones" > wrote:
> >
> > > Bush won the
> > > Whitehouse because he carried more electoral votes.
> >
> > because daddy's supreme kkkourt declared him the winner, totally
> > ignoring the state's rights precedents of their own cases.
> >

> More name-calling (kkkourt). Keep going - Dems look smarter and smarter
all
> the time...

Yeah right.
How come Tony Blair didn't get his medal for being a nice little poodle
(more like Jack russel) this week.

Luigi de Guzman
July 18th 03, 03:19 AM
that's enough, both sides.

rbm is *not* the appropriate forum in which to continue mudslinging on
this level...please take it outside.

-=Luigi

"Gentlemen, I now inform you that you are too far from reality"
-Muhammad Saeed al-Sahaf

smokey
July 19th 03, 06:32 PM
"J Jones" > wrote in message >...
> "Dennis P. Harris" > wrote in message

> > > The quote fell VERY short of calling him an idiot.
> > >
> > in spite of the fact that he IS an idiot, as well as a liar,
> > crook, and former coke addict.
> >

> An idiot who continually cleans Democrat's clocks politically. Enjoy 2004!
> Jeff

losing by 500,000 votes is considered cleaning their clocks?
smokey (who voted for john mccain)

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home