PDA

View Full Version : Re: Why Can't Mountain Bikers Read?


Gary S.
April 18th 04, 04:11 PM
On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 14:20:39 GMT, Mike Vandeman >
wrote:

>At 01:46 PM 4/17/04 -0700, Steven J. Shotz, Psy.D. wrote:
>
>>Dr. Vandeman,
>
>>I have just read a number of your web pages regarding your opinion on mountain
>>bikers. I am compelled to comment that I am surprised by the apparent bias and
>>emotionality that characterizes your writing, especially in light of your
>>advanced education.
>>
>You COMPLETELY missed my point, leading me to suspect that you didn't read
>carefully. I never said anything like that. Intimidation of wildlife and other
>trail users is NOT restricted to idiots. ALL mountain bikers, due to the
>presence of bikes, intimidate wildlife and other trail users. We never know when
>someone is going to come around a blind turn too fast and run into us.
>
>>Many mountain bikers are quite ecologically conscious, in part because its
>>consistent with their own best self-interest. A number of mountain biking
>>groups engage in extensive trail maintenance that benefits hikers as well. Such
>>maintenance addresses issues of naturally-caused trail erosion, safety, and
>>emergency access for hikers, equestrians, and bikers. Mountain bikers
>>frequently report and help repair trail hazards and other problems that help
>>shield land managers from liability and keep trails open.
>
>I am not interested in trail maintenance or "keeping trails open". Neither
>benefit wildlife.
>
Mikey's point, if you can sort it out from his typical non-standard
and confusing use of quotes, is the last line above.

He is against ALL recreational uses of any place HE perceives as
important to his only friends, the wildlife, (which includes insects,
BTW). Mountain bikers are merely his primary target, but he is happy
to pit various recreational groups against on another to achieve his
ultimate goal, the closure of all non-urban areas to humans. He is
also happy to completely ignore larger issues, like pollution,
resource, extraction, development, etc that are far more harmful to
the environment and the wildlife he claims he speaks for.

If you look further, he wants all non-native species, including
humans, removed from North and South America.

It is funny to see him accuse others of missing his points. He is not
at all capable of absorbing any tiny bit of information that does not
completely agree with his OPINIONS. Some scientist.

But Mikey doesn't really do this for the environment, but out of his
desperate need to be perceived as the leader of something relevant.

Be amused by him, or pity him, but don't waste the effort of taking
him seriously. Note the number of supporters he has here, even
counting his sock puppets.

Happy trails,
Gary (net.yogi.bear)
------------------------------------------------
at the 51st percentile of ursine intelligence

Gary D. Schwartz, Needham, MA, USA
Please reply to: garyDOTschwartzATpoboxDOTcom

The Ent
April 18th 04, 11:34 PM
Gary S. wrote:

>>
>>
>>I am not interested in trail maintenance or "keeping trails open". Neither
>>benefit wildlife.
>>
>>
>>
>Mikey's point, if you can sort it out from his typical non-standard
>and confusing use of quotes, is the last line above.
>
>
>
>
And even that's wacko. Among those who wish to observe moose, it's a
given that maintained trails are a great convenience to the moose, and
are frequented by the moose to the exclusion of possible alternatives.

Pete H

--
Either everyone has rights or some have privileges.
It's really that simple.
Walt Kelly

S o r n i
April 19th 04, 12:50 AM
The Ent wrote:
> Among those who wish to observe moose, it's a
> given that maintained trails are a great convenience to the moose, and
> are frequented by the moose to the exclusion of possible alternatives.

Squirrel likes it too.

Bill "no Bull (wink)-L" S.

TM
April 19th 04, 01:41 AM
"S o r n i" > wrote in message
...
> The Ent wrote:
> > Among those who wish to observe moose, it's a
> > given that maintained trails are a great convenience to the moose, and
> > are frequented by the moose to the exclusion of possible alternatives.
>
> Squirrel likes it too.

How do you know squirrels like it that moose use mtn bike trails?

> Bill "no Bull (wink)-L" S.

Oh, Borris and Natasha. Nevermind.

Gary S.
April 19th 04, 03:42 AM
On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 20:41:13 -0400, "TM" > wrote:

>
>"S o r n i" > wrote in message
...
>> The Ent wrote:
>> > Among those who wish to observe moose, it's a
>> > given that maintained trails are a great convenience to the moose, and
>> > are frequented by the moose to the exclusion of possible alternatives.
>>
>> Squirrel likes it too.
>
>How do you know squirrels like it that moose use mtn bike trails?
>
>> Bill "no Bull (wink)-L" S.
>
>Oh, Borris and Natasha. Nevermind.
>
Da.

Flyink sqvirrel is friends of moose.

Happy trails,
Gary (net.yogi.bear)
------------------------------------------------
at the 51st percentile of ursine intelligence

Gary D. Schwartz, Needham, MA, USA
Please reply to: garyDOTschwartzATpoboxDOTcom

HardwareLust
April 22nd 04, 06:14 PM
Gary S. wrote:
> It is funny to see him accuse others of missing his points. He is not
> at all capable of absorbing any tiny bit of information that does not
> completely agree with his OPINIONS. Some scientist.
>

Gary,

I can't believe you would deliberately slander the entire scientific
community by referring to that blithering moron as a "scientist". Nothing
could be further from the truth, just like his arguments.

Regards,
H.

Gary S.
April 22nd 04, 07:29 PM
On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 17:14:48 GMT, "HardwareLust" >
wrote:

>Gary S. wrote:
>> It is funny to see him accuse others of missing his points. He is not
>> at all capable of absorbing any tiny bit of information that does not
>> completely agree with his OPINIONS. Some scientist.
>>
>Gary,
>
>I can't believe you would deliberately slander the entire scientific
>community by referring to that blithering moron as a "scientist". Nothing
>could be further from the truth, just like his arguments.
>
Point made.

He refers to himself as a scientist, although his education and
degrees are not in fields anywhere near. I was snipping at that.

However, to all scientists, and everyone who ever took a science
class, I apologize for even remotely suggesting that you have anything
in common with Mikey.

Happy trails,
Gary (net.yogi.bear)
------------------------------------------------
at the 51st percentile of ursine intelligence

Gary D. Schwartz, Needham, MA, USA
Please reply to: garyDOTschwartzATpoboxDOTcom

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home