PDA

View Full Version : Re: Question to Mountain biking girls--Penny, Monique, and others.... Choice of seat for girls

Mike Vandeman
June 14th 04, 03:28 PM
On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 09:01:13 -0500, "mojo deluxe" >
wrote:

..
.."Dan Volker" > wrote in message
t...
..>
..> "mojo deluxe" > wrote in message
..> .. .
..> >
..> > "Dan Volker" > wrote in message
..> > ...
..<snip>
..
..> > Not a girl, but why not put the same Flite saddle on her mtb? If it's a
..> > road saddle, so what.
..>
..> Mojo,
..> We tried that in the beginning, but the different angles involved ( how
..flat
..> your back is when you are riding on the drops of a road bike--and the
..> resultant seat contact --versus the relatively upright torso position on
..the
..> Mountain bike with riser bars--stock Liquid 25....and the angle the seat
..> hits you) .
..>
..I have a ridiculous amount of tilt in my Nisene saddle.
..
..http://www.ifrider.com/register/00040a.jpg
..
..Perhaps you could try this? Since doing so, I've never been more comfortable
..on a saddle.
..
..> I never felt any significant soreness when I switched from mostly road
..> riding to mountain biking ( and Brooks saddle which came with my Liquid) ,
..> but this is why I am posing the question to the girls---Women have
..> differnent seat issues than you or I do, and I am striking out with each
..of
..> the solution ideas I have come up with so far.
..>
..> I could certainly take a digital photo of her current bike seat angle and
..> her position on the bike.
..>
..I hope the girls can offer some ideas that may help. It would be a shame to
..miss out on the joys of offroad cycling.

Methinks thou dost protest too much. All you ever do is complain about how
uncomfortable you are. DUH!
===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

Jeff Strickland
June 14th 04, 05:54 PM

> Methinks thou dost protest too much. All you ever do is complain about how
> uncomfortable you are. DUH!
> ===

Why do you lift posts from other groups and drop them into ca.environment?
There is absolutely no environmental concern to the type of seat that might
be used. Get a life, idiot.

Mitch Haley
June 14th 04, 09:48 PM
Jeff Strickland wrote:

> Why do you lift posts from other groups and drop them into ca.environment?
> There is absolutely no environmental concern to the type of seat that might
> be used. Get a life, idiot.

The original post didn't come from any of the four groups he
cross-posted to. He seems to think it fun to ridicule people
in groups they don't read. I guess it's the only way he can
win an argument with them.

Mitch.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home