PDA

View Full Version : Tour de Gastown, Vancouver meetup

Ryan Cousineau
July 22nd 03, 07:16 AM
Okay, last notice:

If you want to meet Zoot Katz, half of the Fabrizio Mazzoleni Fan Club,
and other Vancouver-based denizens of rbm, this is your big chance. The
Steamworks Tour de Gastown is on Wednesday, July 23rd, 2003. Even if you
like none of these people, you ought to make it to the race, as most of
the major North American teams will be coming in, so this will be the
best racing in the world that night, except maybe in France.

We will be attempting to meet at the following times and locations,
choose your poison:

-before the start of the women's race at 6:30, on Water Street just
opposite the VIP viewing area.

-before the start of the men's race, same place.

-after the racing, approx. 9:00 or shortly after, Subeez, 891 Homer
Street (an easy ride from the race course, so bring your bike).

You will be able to recognize me because I will wear my ridiculous "UBC
STADIUM CRITERIUM CHAMPION" t-shirt:

http://www.sfu.ca/~rcousine/bike/tshirt.jpg
(see ..~rcousine/ for a picture of me)

http://www.tourdegastown.com/intro.shtml
Info on the race

If you are planning to come, please e-mail me so that we have a reliable
idea of the numbers to expect, especially at Subeez.

Share & Enjoy,
--
Ryan Cousineau, http://www.sfu.ca/~rcousine
President, Fabrizio Mazzoleni Fan Club

Brian Huntley
July 22nd 03, 03:28 PM
Zoot Katz > wrote in message >...
> Mon, 21 Jul 2003 23:16:56 -0700,
> >, Ryan Cousineau
> > wrote:
>
> >You will be able to recognize me because I will wear my ridiculous "UBC
> >STADIUM CRITERIUM CHAMPION" t-shirt:
>
> I'll wear a lavender skull cap and matching sequined thong.

UNDER the Velociraptor suit, or over?

Zoot Katz
July 22nd 03, 07:17 PM
22 Jul 2003 07:28:59 -0700,
(Brian Huntley) wrote:

>Zoot Katz > wrote in message >...
>> Mon, 21 Jul 2003 23:16:56 -0700,
>> >, Ryan Cousineau
>> > wrote:
>>
>> >You will be able to recognize me because I will wear my ridiculous "UBC
>> >STADIUM CRITERIUM CHAMPION" t-shirt:
>>
>> I'll wear a lavender skull cap and matching sequined thong.
>
>UNDER the Velociraptor suit, or over?

The crowds there will be too dense to navigate wearing a 5' tail.
--
zk

Zoot Katz
July 22nd 03, 08:23 PM
Tue, 22 Jul 2003 13:36:18 -0500,
/\/\> wrote:

>On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 11:17:27 -0700, Zoot Katz > from
>Balsa Pacific Aero Ltd. Engineering & Bicycle Mongery wrote:
>
>>The crowds there will be too dense to navigate wearing a 5' tail.
>
>Push them out of the way and say you're an SUV.

Surly Uppity Velociraptor?

naw, dinos are lovers until you start burning their ancestors.
--
zk

Tom Keats
July 22nd 03, 08:56 PM
In article >,
Zoot Katz > writes:
> Mon, 21 Jul 2003 23:16:56 -0700,
> >, Ryan Cousineau
> > wrote:
>
>>You will be able to recognize me because I will wear my ridiculous "UBC
>>STADIUM CRITERIUM CHAMPION" t-shirt:
>
> I'll wear a lavender skull cap and matching sequined thong.

I guess I'll just be one of the guys hanging around the guy
with the UBC Stadium Criterium Champion t-shirt. I just hope
there won't be four other guys with that same t-shirt.

I'll probably wear my t-shirt with the comic police drawing from
the Yellow Pages commercial ("Is /this/ the man who robbed you?")

cheers,
Tom