PDA

View Full Version : sun doublewide, brakes, and squeek

greyhairedguy
July 15th 03, 11:26 PM
hey guys,

i've got this noisey setup. i've read before that some have removed the
paint on thier sidewalls to remedy the "squeek" problem. did you sand
them down to bare metal by hand (and sandpaper) or did you just rough up
the surface? all info and suggestions always appreciated. thanks in
advance.

ed:D

--
greyhairedguy - I need to ride.
greyhairedguy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3475

muddycycle
July 15th 03, 11:39 PM
> i've got this noisey setup.

You might want to try to toe in the brakes it worked for me. I drove
Jagur crazy one squeeky ride he suggested that I adjust my brakes so
that the front of the pads point in.

--
muddycycle - Nonchalance

"What can possiby mystify a madman?"
Hegira: Greg Bear
muddycycle's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1283

merrill
July 15th 03, 11:54 PM
I used one of those wire brush thingies that go on a power drill. Be
careful because it takes the paint off fast and will eat into th metal
quickly. A minor bit of abrasion on the metal doesn't seem to hurt.

I think I tried sandpaper without any luck. Took too long.

Joe

--
merrill - Confinement Loaf

Smart Bomb + Dumb President = Weapon of Mass Destruction
merrill's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/818

Max_Dingemans
July 25th 03, 02:45 AM
They are listed as disc only, they have no machined nor ground surfaces
for rim brakes.

--
Max_Dingemans - Combat Wombat

"And when the sky darkens and the prospect is war
Who's given the gun and then pushed to the fore
And expected to die for the land of our birth
Though we've never owned one lousy handful of earth"
Max_Dingemans's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1981

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home