PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got a MUni Travel Bag they will sell?

ratherbekayaking
August 19th 03, 08:13 PM
UNI dot com is sold out and says they are discontinued, and Roach hasn't
responed to my email.

I'm gonna be flying to Georgia for training for a month around October
or November.

I know I can use a really big suitcase or even the box it came in, but I
am hoping to get the bag if possible.

Anyone not needing theirs anymore?
Anyone know where I can buy one?

I'm looking for one that will fit the 24inch Gazz and KH seat.

Ed Hansen

--
ratherbekayaking - Level 3, minus the stomach thing

"Some people are born to lift heavy weights. Some are born to juggle
with golden balls." (Max Beerbohm)
ratherbekayaking's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/2330

beelzebub of balance
August 21st 03, 03:49 AM
Boxes still work fine. Just bring the unicycle packed in the box, but
not taped or otherwise sealed. Security will do their inspection, then
seal the box for you. I've done it several times. The only challenge is
that you can't touch the box after you've given it to security. They
have to do the re-packing and taping/roping.

David Maxfield
Mitchell, SD

--
beelzebub of balance - Junior Member of the Universe

David Maxfield
Mitchell, SD
beelzebub of balance's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1631

joemarshall
August 21st 03, 05:31 AM
army surplus large duffle bags are good for this and really cheap.

--
joemarshall - dumb blonde

jagur
August 21st 03, 10:16 AM
take it apart,deflate the tyre.

do anything to cram it into the smallest thing you can find helps.

call it performace equipment too,otherwise face the bicycle
curse.Yoopers can back me up on that...

--
jagur - Random Unicyclist

-searching for the real one wheel deal,the one that wont but will...
all i ask is one rotation,on this vision of singular creation...-[image:
http://newserver.unicyclist.com/gallery/albums/albup23/eye_60x_flipped.gif]

nick
September 20th 03, 05:09 AM
I have the absolut top of the line hand made unicycle bag. it will fit
an assembled 24" unicycle (minus the pedals). All duct tape with foam
padded shoulder straps, and snap closure system.

If you still want it, Email me, or AIM me.

--
nick - jerk on one wheel

later,

nick cegelka

nicklikesfire : AIM

: alternate email

http://www.extreme.unicyclist.com : new and improved, sort of
nick's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/349

jagur
September 20th 03, 05:41 AM
nick wrote:
> *I have the absolut top of the line hand made unicycle bag. it will
> fit an assembled 24" unicycle (minus the pedals). All duct tape with
> foam padded shoulder straps, and snap closure system.
> *
i once had a link to sombodies web site who had instuctions on how to
build a uni-bag out of duct tape.was that you?

--
jagur - Random Unicyclist

-searching for the real one wheel deal,the one that wont but will...
all i ask is one rotation,on this vision of singular creation...-[image:
http://newserver.unicyclist.com/gallery/albums/albup23/eye_60x_flipped.gif]

Klaas Bil
September 20th 03, 09:46 PM
On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 10:07:59 -0500, nick
> wrote:

>I lost all my pictures, text, everything, all
>gone.

Nick I remember your site. You may be lucky and recover some of it
from <http://www.archive.org/>.

Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict
--
If the crank is moving then it really sounds as if it's loose. - onewheeldave trying to pinpoint the cause of a clicking crank

GizmoDuck
September 20th 03, 11:41 PM
ratherbekayaking wrote:
> *UNI dot com is sold out and says they are discontinued, and Roach
> hasn't responed to my email.
>
> I'm gonna be flying to Georgia for training for a month around October
> or November.
>
> I know I can use a really big suitcase or even the box it came in, but
> I am hoping to get the bag if possible.
>
> Anyone not needing theirs anymore?
> Anyone know where I can buy one?
>
> I'm looking for one that will fit the 24inch Gazz and KH seat.
>
> Ed Hansen *

You can use one of those bags that road cyclists use to carry their
spare wheels with. I got a Mavic Crossmax wheelbag from my LBS- it will
fit most 24-29' wheels but you may need to take the tyre off. Bike
shops often have a few spare so you may even get one for free.

I prefer a good wheelbag- line it with cardboard for added protection.
I find a wheelbag easier to foldup and carry once you reach your
destination.

Ken

--
GizmoDuck - Cokernut

"I'll be there with bells on!"
Tony on the NZUni weekend

"right thats it im dressing up like a woman!"
James on the NZuni weekend

"If not for a weird inner ear condition that prevents me from crossing
the equator, I'd be there too."
JJuggle- the most original excuse not to attend the NZUni weekend

"At least if someone hurts themselves, Ken should be able to fix them up
with brain surgery on the spot if he brings a scalpel and some
bandages."
Rowan- on my surgical skills

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home