PDA

View Full Version : making trials obstacles

zach_jucha
August 27th 03, 08:12 PM
hi everybody,

i'm thinking about making trials obstacles in my backyard and i'm
wondering if anyone has any advice on what to use and maybe what to make
(?). does anybody already have some kind of trials set-up? any
suggestions or experiences especially on how you've put stuff together
and what you've made and use would be great. thanks!

- zach

--
zach_jucha - trials unicyclist
zach_jucha's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4072

zod
August 27th 03, 08:21 PM
palletes.......lots of them

--
zod - Icey Hot Stunta(z)
zod's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3631

merrill
August 27th 03, 09:33 PM
Get your hands on a whole bunch of 2" by 4" and 2" by 6"s. Strong
plywood too. ($50 to $75 worth of assorted lumber is a good start). If
you can "find" it lying around, even better.

Then with a skil saw, or even better a table saw, a big box of long wood
screws and an electric drill, build a few simple structures that are
challenging for you (a few boxes, sandwich boards etc).

4" by 4"s make good skinnies.

Combine these with as much premade, but solid stuff as you can find
(pallets, spools, concrete blocks). This will keep the cost down.

As you ride it, you will discover what's good for you, and build stuff
that's progressively more challenging.

Joe

--
merrill - Confinement Loaf

Smart Bomb + Dumb President = Weapon of Mass Destruction
merrill's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/818

andrew_carter
August 28th 03, 12:30 PM
[image:
http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/albums/albup15/Gap_Creek_Reserve_Park_Ladder_2.thumb.jpg]

[image:
http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/albums/albup15/aaf.thumb.jpg]
[image:
http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/albums/albup15/abm.thumb.jpg]

[image:
http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/albums/albup15/abk.thumb.jpg]

These are just a few. Have fun...be creative. And use a ladder to hop
along. They're great fun. Sandwich boards are easy to make and good
for trials I reckon.

Good luck,
Andrew

--
andrew_carter - www.unicycles.com.au!

andrew_carter (at) mail (dot) com
http://www.unicycles.com.au - Opening soon!
"Nietzsche is dead" - God

zod
August 28th 03, 08:34 PM
daino149 wrote:
> *Why make trials equipment when Kris is trying to get rid of
> his?http://tinyurl.com/liba
>
> All you have to do is make the drive up to Canada and pick it up.
>
> Daniel *

Hmm.... Stanley, NC to Vancouver, BC....... :rolleyes:

Be right over :p

--
zod - Icey Hot Stunta(z)
zod's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3631

zach_jucha
September 3rd 03, 12:57 AM
(need to revive this thread.)

thanks for all of the advice. i got some palletes but they are snapping
really easily. did you guys put some long sheets of plywood over yours
or something, or did you not have this problem?

thanks,
zach

--
zach_jucha - full time american hero
zach_jucha's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4072

gerblefranklin
September 3rd 03, 01:23 AM
If you need wood, a good source is the local fine art museum or shipping
company. They package all fine art in plywood boxes and then throw the
wood away. Just get friendly with the curator and ask for some of their
scrap wood.

--
gerblefranklin

If life had a meaning, would you want to know it?

merrill
September 3rd 03, 07:30 PM
How about some giant green bars of soap?

| Attachment filename: bkgabi.jpg |
|Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/160177|

merrill - Confinement Loaf

Smart Bomb + Dumb President = Weapon of Mass Destruction
merrill's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/818

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home