PDA

View Full Version : My unis

Krashin'Kenny
September 4th 03, 01:58 AM
I finally took the plunge and bought a digital camera and look at the
first picture I took.
It's my p.os. loaner, my 24x3 Muni and my 28'r

| Attachment filename: 3 uni's.jpg |
|Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/160258|

Krashin'Kenny - Crash Tested

If you ain't crashing, you ain't going fast enough!!!!!!
Krashin'Kenny's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3420

Krashin'Kenny
September 4th 03, 02:00 AM
Oops, I guess the next thing to learn is how to use the sizing function

--
Krashin'Kenny - Crash Tested

If you ain't crashing, you ain't going fast enough!!!!!!
Krashin'Kenny's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3420

Krashin'Kenny
September 4th 03, 02:21 AM
Thanks John:D

--
Krashin'Kenny - Crash Tested

If you ain't crashing, you ain't going fast enough!!!!!!
Krashin'Kenny's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3420

paco
September 4th 03, 02:34 AM
So what kind of digital camera you got? Along with being a unicycle
enthusiast (read: nerd), I'm into digital cameras as well (read:
nerd).
I noticed that your MUni doesn't have brakes on it. Pity. ;)

--
paco - Creator of the "BUni"

If you attempt to fail, and succeed, which one did you really do?
paco's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3715

chirokid
September 4th 03, 02:39 AM
I'm envious Kenny. Great Pics of your unicycles. I hope to get a
digital camera soon so I can post pics of my uni's too.

Plus pics of my daughters and I riding. --chirokid--

--
chirokid

"Unicycling can make you proud then humble in very quick succession."
Mikefule

chirokid's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4140

unibabyguy
September 4th 03, 02:50 AM
You've got a nicely stocked bar there, Kenny. :)

--
unibabyguy - Hunter-riding Municyclist
unibabyguy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/683

Krashin'Kenny
September 4th 03, 04:06 AM
paco wrote:
> *So what kind of digital camera you got? Along with being a unicycle
> enthusiast (read: nerd), I'm into digital cameras as well (read:
> nerd).
> I noticed that your MUni doesn't have brakes on it. Pity. ;) *

I purchased a Canon PowerShot A60. I did a little research and decided a
2.0 megapixel camera would do fine for what I intend to do with it. I
almost bought a 3.2 Cannon AS300, but it didn't have a zoom. The A60 has
a 3x optical zoom and a 2.5 digital zoom. The fact that Target had it
for $229 with a free 128 mb card really sweetened the deal.
Too bad about my MUni being "brakeless" but if you read my sig line,
you'll notice I don't need no stinkin' brakes!!!!!!!!;) ;) ;)

Thanks, Chirokid, I've been eyeballing Digital camers for quite some
time and finally just decided to do it!

Unibabyguy, I've tried to keep the liquor in the bar at the lowest
level possible, but it makes me wobble too much

--
Krashin'Kenny - Crash Tested

If you ain't crashing, you ain't going fast enough!!!!!!
Krashin'Kenny's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3420

john_childs
September 7th 03, 06:35 AM
Ken Fuchs wrote:
> *john_childs > wrote:
>[color=green]
> >Get a copy of 'IrfanView' (http://www.irfanview.com/)
> >It's a free image viewer that also does basic image editing like
> >resizing, cropping, file format conversion, color correction, etc.
>
> It doesn't appear to support Linux, MacOS X, or even UNIX. Probably
> not open source either.
>
> *

You got me there. I made the assumption that he was using Windows
because a Mac user would already know how to resize a photo and Linux
users already know how to find free software. :)

Every Windows user who posts pictures to the forum should get IrfanView.
Not only does it let you resize the image but it also lets you
recompress the JPG with a lower quality JPG compression setting to make
the file a smaller download. It's much nicer to post a 30 KB file
rather than a 600 KB file.

--
john_childs - Guinness Mojo

john_childs (at) hotmail (dot) com

James
September 8th 03, 12:04 AM
Two things

First, WOW erin that is one sexy unicycle!!!!!!

Second, i use to be the digital camera specilast at our local Harvey
Norman store and i can tell you that the cannon cameras are very nice!
Its a little bit of a pitty that you went for the AA battery model but
thats ok im sure it will sute what you are doing.

Have fun with the camera, But you know now we expect to see HEEPS of
pics of your unicycling madmess!!!

--
James
James's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4185

James
September 8th 03, 12:06 AM
tomblackwood wrote:
> *Maybe someone needs to get working on a "clean joke" around this one
> to post in the discussion forum. "So these three unicycles roll into
> a bar one day......" *

HAHHAHAHAHHA

LOLOOOLOOOLOLLL

ROFL!!!!

LMAO!!!!!

Help call an ambulance i think im going to have a heart atack!!!!

--
James
James's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4185

john_childs
September 8th 03, 12:35 AM
James wrote:
> * Its a little bit of a pitty that you went for the AA battery model
> but thats ok im sure it will sute what you are doing.
> *

A pitty? AA NiMH rechargeable batteries do great in a digital camera.
The AA rechargeable batteries are easy to get and less expensive than
the proprietary battery sizes.

My digital camera uses AA batteries and that was actually a big selling
point for me. I can use the same batteries in my camera and my GPS.
That makes things easier for me and saves me money too because the
batteries and charger can be used with more than one device.

'Thomas Distributing' (http://www.nimhbattery.com/) has good prices on
NiMH batteries and chargers. The MAHA chargers are very good.

--
john_childs - Guinness Mojo

john_childs (at) hotmail (dot) com

Krashin'Kenny
September 8th 03, 01:20 AM
john_childs wrote:
> *
> A pitty? AA NiMH rechargeable batteries do great in a digital camera.
> The AA rechargeable batteries are easy to get and less expensive than
> the proprietary battery sizes.
>
> My digital camera uses AA batteries and that was actually a big
> selling point for me. I can use the same batteries in my camera and
> my GPS. That makes things easier for me and saves me money too
> because the batteries and charger can be used with more than one
> device.
>
> 'Thomas Distributing' (http://www.nimhbattery.com/) has good prices on
> NiMH batteries and chargers. The MAHA chargers are very good. *

I picked a up set of four Energizer 1850 m/ah NiMH batteries with a 1
hour charger at WalMart for less than $30

--
Krashin'Kenny - Crash Tested

If you ain't crashing, you ain't going fast enough!!!!!!
Krashin'Kenny's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3420

Krashin'Kenny
September 8th 03, 01:44 AM
Soooooooooo,
3 uni's roll into a bar and begin bragging about the new drinks popping
up everwhere that were generated from this one-wheeled craze,
The little one starts telling about the "p.o.s". It's a cheap pink
drink for the inexperienced drinker that draws strange remarks and
stares from everyone and usually leaves one in a wobbly state, but it
doesn't last very long.
The short fat one tells about the "Muni", a dark earthy colored ale
that is MUCH stronger than the "p.o.s." and has been known to leave one
lying face down in the dirt,
The taller uni brags about a drink named after his big sister, the
"Giraffe". After one of these, one feels 10 feet tall and bullet-proof,
but is abruptly brought back "down to Earth"

--
Krashin'Kenny - Crash Tested

If you ain't crashing, you ain't going fast enough!!!!!!
Krashin'Kenny's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3420

Krashin'Kenny
September 8th 03, 03:28 PM
myocardial wrote:
> *Hey Kenny... Wanna sell the Lone Star neon sign?
>
> matt *

Sorry Matt, but I gotta keep the Lone Star sign.
I've had it since the late 70's

--
Krashin'Kenny - Crash Tested

If you ain't crashing, you ain't going fast enough!!!!!!
Krashin'Kenny's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3420

chirokid
September 8th 03, 03:57 PM
Three unicycles roll into a bar one day, they say "We don't need no
stinking stools, we brought our own seats!" Hahhahah

OK, I know its lame, but I wanted to be included in this great thread.
Also, very nice wheel Erin. --chirokid--

--
chirokid

"Unicycling can make you proud then humble in very quick succession."
Mikefule

chirokid's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4140

Krashin'Kenny
September 8th 03, 04:01 PM
Erin wrote:
> *...just had to throw in a detail of my Bedford MUni with its custom
> powder coated Alex rim and Suzue hub and the fine Monty cranks....
>
> ....it may be gathering dust right now but I can still enjoy just
> looking at it!
>
> Erin *

That is one FINE looking piece of fun:) :) :)

--
Krashin'Kenny - Crash Tested

If you ain't crashing, you ain't going fast enough!!!!!!
Krashin'Kenny's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3420

Krashin'Kenny
September 8th 03, 04:03 PM
chirokid wrote:
> *Three unicycles roll into a bar one day, they say "We don't need no
> stinking stools, we brought our own seats!" Hahhahah
>
> OK, I know its lame, but I wanted to be included in this great thread.
> Also, very nice wheel Erin. --chirokid-- *

How 'bout "We don't need no stinkin' stools, we've already got the best
seats in the house"

--
Krashin'Kenny - Crash Tested

If you ain't crashing, you ain't going fast enough!!!!!!
Krashin'Kenny's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3420

johnfoss
September 8th 03, 10:06 PM
James wrote:
> *Its a little bit of a pitty that you went for the AA battery model
> but thats ok im sure it will sute what you are doing.*
I *like* the fact that my camera uses AA batteries. In case of an
emergency, you can always buy or borrow some more. If I had a camera
with a proprietary battery, I'd have to buy three of them to feel
comfortable on long shooting days. I know my shooting patterns. What I
use are NiMH reghargeables, and usually carry two extra sets with me.
The recharger is at home, and goes with me on trips.

For free or cheap software, I'm sure Ifranview is real good. I used a
shareware version of it many years ago. My current main tools are
Photoshop and ThumbsPlus. Photoshop Elements probalby does 99% of the
stuff I need to do, but I have the full version at work. Photoshop Album
also looks like a useful program for people who take lots of pictures,
but I haven't played with it.

ThumbsPlus is an extremely handy way to view and manage images of all
types. It can view nearly every image format there is, including
animated GIFs and various video formats. It has lots of cool features
built in, and mostly is convenient for my way of handling the excessive
amounts of pictures I take. http://www.cerious.com/thumbsplus.shtml

These products are not free, but when it comes to my digital images, I
don't want to make tradeoffs.

--
johnfoss - Now riding to work

John Foss
the Uni-Cyclone
www.unicycling.com
________________

"Where's my kids?" -- Amy Drummond
"Where's my unicycle?" -- Andy Cotter
spoken one right after the other, mostly to themselves, at NAUCC 2003

paco
September 8th 03, 10:24 PM
I like the AA thing as well. It's nice to know that, in a pinch, you
can run to any convenience store and buy some batteries. Sure, they
won't last nearly as long, but you can snap off a few pictures with
them.
I got myself a 1-hour charger with a car adapter. Very nice for road
trips.
And back to Irfanview, I was quite impressed with its quality. I've got
access to Photoshop, and use it whenever I'm going to do anything
complicated, but Irfanview is nice for simple operations (thumbnails,
full-screen image viewing, rotating pictures, resizing, and slideshows).
The best part is that it's freeware. You can get better software, but
not for the price.
Anyone ever used a program called "Photo Explosion"? I saw it at Costco
for relatively cheap, and it said that it could make 360 degree
panoramas and had a bunch of other cool pre-made projects (like
calendars). I'm thinking of getting it.

--
paco - Proud owner of 2 opposable thumbs

Sometimes crap works fine.
paco's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3715

myocardial
September 8th 03, 11:52 PM
Krashin'Kenny wrote:
> *
>
> Sorry Matt, but I gotta keep the Lone Star sign.
> I've had it since the late 70's *

I had a feeling you might say that :)

I heard the closed the museum. Sad Sad Day. Wonder what happened to the
shovel that used to be out front?

[image: http://www.eccentricamerica.net/Images/shovel.jpg]

--
myocardial - Tattooed One Wheeler
myocardial's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3468

Krashin'Kenny
September 9th 03, 12:42 AM
myocardial wrote:
> *
>
> I had a feeling you might say that :)
>
> I heard the closed the museum. Sad Sad Day. Wonder what happened to
> the shovel that used to be out front?
>
> [image: http://www.eccentricamerica.net/Images/shovel.jpg] *

Actually they moved the brewery out of state somewhere. They re-opened
the "Buckhorn Saloon & Museum" in a old revamped building downtown on
Houston St. in the tourist area just a few blocks west of the Alamo.They
still have a staged "gunfight" and show. It's a really cool place to
take out-of-state visitors since the majority of them think Texas is
still part of the "Wild Wild West"

--
Krashin'Kenny - Crash Tested

If you ain't crashing, you ain't going fast enough!!!!!!
Krashin'Kenny's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3420

U-Turn
September 9th 03, 03:24 AM
My two bits for captions:

1) A rose between two thorns....

2) Hey doesn't this place rock?

3) Three hombres, idling their lives away.

--
U-Turn - Mounting a Revolution

Weep in the dojo... laugh in the battlefield.

'Strongest Coker Wheel in the World'

-- Dave Stockton

Krashin'Kenny
September 9th 03, 04:01 AM
U-Turn wrote:
> *My two bits for captions:
>
> 1) A rose between two thorns....
>
> 2) Hey doesn't this place rock?
>
> 3) Three hombres, idling their lives away. *

Those are pretty good:D :D

--
Krashin'Kenny - Crash Tested

If you ain't crashing, you ain't going fast enough!!!!!!
Krashin'Kenny's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3420

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home