PDA

View Full Version : New York City Cycling Championship Photos

swj
August 5th 04, 06:08 AM
http://www.lessyourimage.com

check it out. i'll get the captions & the edited (some) photos up this week
sometime. admire the ones featuring the overbearing gentleman while they
last for he is soon to be cut out, thankfully so.

-s

Ewoud Dronkert
August 5th 04, 10:47 AM
On Thursday 05 August 2004 07:08, swj wrote:
> check it out. i'll get the captions & the edited (some) photos up
> this week sometime.

Are you kidding with the Alvaro GdeG subscript? He kinda looks like him,
but what is he doing in ONCE colours, now that he is with LibSeg?

John Forrest Tomlinson
August 5th 04, 11:35 AM
On Thu, 05 Aug 2004 05:08:39 GMT, "swj" > wrote:

>http://www.lessyourimage.com

I'm reminded how annoying it is to have links that only work with
Javascript turned on...

JT

swj
August 6th 04, 01:02 AM
jt,

maybe when i re-design the gallery software *eventually* i will make such
concessions so as to satisfy those who surf w/ JS off. or maybe not, we'll
see. :-)

-s

"John Forrest Tomlinson" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 05 Aug 2004 05:08:39 GMT, "swj" > wrote:
>
> >http://www.lessyourimage.com
>
> I'm reminded how annoying it is to have links that only work with
> Javascript turned on...
>
> JT

Darin McGrew
August 6th 04, 01:13 AM
swj > wrote:
> maybe when i re-design the gallery software *eventually* i will make such
> concessions so as to satisfy those who surf w/ JS off. or maybe not, we'll
> see. :-)

It isn't a big concession if you just do it right in the first place.

onClick=winPopUp('foto.jsp?id=1','800','575')>

becomes

onClick="winPopUp('foto.jsp?id=1','800','575'); return false">

Now that wasn't so hard, was it?
--
Darin McGrew, , http://www.rahul.net/mcgrew/
Web Design Group, , http://www.HTMLHelp.com/

"Entering Yosemite National Park: laws of gravity strictly enforced"

Ken Papai
August 6th 04, 02:45 AM
"Darin McGrew" > wrote in message
> swj > wrote:
> > maybe when i re-design the gallery software *eventually* i will make
such
> > concessions so as to satisfy those who surf w/ JS off. or maybe not,
we'll
> > see. :-)
>
> It isn't a big concession if you just do it right in the first place.

> onClick=winPopUp('foto.jsp?id=1','800','575')>
>
> becomes

> onClick="winPopUp('foto.jsp?id=1','800','575'); return false">
>
> Now that wasn't so hard, was it?

Yeah... except the popups suck.

> --
> Darin McGrew, , http://www.rahul.net/mcgrew/
> Web Design Group, , http://www.HTMLHelp.com/
>
> "Entering Yosemite National Park: laws of gravity strictly enforced"

swj
August 6th 04, 03:29 AM
i swear you could fool me into thinking this was a cycling newsgroup
sometimes. regardless, i put together the whole deal in a few minutes last
year, hardly my greatest work but it works, eh ?

-s

"Darin McGrew" > wrote in message
> swj > wrote:
> > maybe when i re-design the gallery software *eventually* i will make
such
> > concessions so as to satisfy those who surf w/ JS off. or maybe not,
we'll
> > see. :-)
>
> It isn't a big concession if you just do it right in the first place.

> onClick=winPopUp('foto.jsp?id=1','800','575')>
>
> becomes

> onClick="winPopUp('foto.jsp?id=1','800','575'); return false">
>
> Now that wasn't so hard, was it?
> --
> Darin McGrew, , http://www.rahul.net/mcgrew/
> Web Design Group, , http://www.HTMLHelp.com/
>
> "Entering Yosemite National Park: laws of gravity strictly enforced"

John Forrest Tomlinson
August 6th 04, 03:29 AM
On Fri, 06 Aug 2004 01:45:31 GMT, "Ken Papai" >
wrote:

>"Darin McGrew" > wrote in message
>> swj > wrote:
>> > maybe when i re-design the gallery software *eventually* i will make
>such
>> > concessions so as to satisfy those who surf w/ JS off. or maybe not,
>we'll
>> > see. :-)
>>
>> It isn't a big concession if you just do it right in the first place.

>> onClick=winPopUp('foto.jsp?id=1','800','575')>
>>
>> becomes

>> onClick="winPopUp('foto.jsp?id=1','800','575'); return false">
>>
>> Now that wasn't so hard, was it?
>
>Yeah... except the popups suck.

Ditto that -- I really don't understand the point of popups at all. A
normal link is so much easier for the user, and they can choose to
open something in a new window if they want.

JT

John Forrest Tomlinson
August 6th 04, 03:50 AM
On Fri, 06 Aug 2004 02:29:03 GMT, "swj" > wrote:

>i swear you could fool me into thinking this was a cycling newsgroup
>sometimes. regardless, i put together the whole deal in a few minutes last
>year, hardly my greatest work but it works, eh ?

I didn't look at these pictures because of the links issue. It just
didn't seem worth changing the settings in my browser to me.

This is a good free product that can do something similar w/o the
links problem.

http://jalbum.net/

JT

swj
August 6th 04, 03:51 AM
surely that is your prerogative sir. if you'd like to view them anyway,
try: http://www.lessyourimage.com/photos/NYCCC1/
even the most stubborn of rbr hermits may find it within themselves to click
on whatever links they deem appropriate, if any at all ;-).

-s

"John Forrest Tomlinson" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 06 Aug 2004 02:29:03 GMT, "swj" > wrote:
>
> >i swear you could fool me into thinking this was a cycling newsgroup
> >sometimes. regardless, i put together the whole deal in a few minutes
last
> >year, hardly my greatest work but it works, eh ?
>
> I didn't look at these pictures because of the links issue. It just
> didn't seem worth changing the settings in my browser to me.
>
> This is a good free product that can do something similar w/o the
> links problem.
>
> http://jalbum.net/
>
> JT

John Forrest Tomlinson
August 6th 04, 11:00 AM
On Fri, 06 Aug 2004 02:51:22 GMT, "swj" > wrote:

>surely that is your prerogative sir. if you'd like to view them anyway,
>try: http://www.lessyourimage.com/photos/NYCCC1/
>even the most stubborn of rbr hermits may find it within themselves to click
>on whatever links they deem appropriate, if any at all ;-).

Cool.

This is so Saunders.

http://www.lessyourimage.com/photos/NYCCC1/DSCN1703.jpg

JT

Victor
August 6th 04, 10:58 PM
it's too bad they are so dark.

"Darin McGrew" > wrote in message
> swj > wrote:
> > maybe when i re-design the gallery software *eventually* i will make
such
> > concessions so as to satisfy those who surf w/ JS off. or maybe not,
we'll
> > see. :-)
>
> It isn't a big concession if you just do it right in the first place.

> onClick=winPopUp('foto.jsp?id=1','800','575')>
>
> becomes

> onClick="winPopUp('foto.jsp?id=1','800','575'); return false">
>
> Now that wasn't so hard, was it?
> --
> Darin McGrew, , http://www.rahul.net/mcgrew/
> Web Design Group, , http://www.HTMLHelp.com/
>
> "Entering Yosemite National Park: laws of gravity strictly enforced"

Stewart Fleming
August 6th 04, 11:19 PM
John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:

> On Fri, 06 Aug 2004 21:58:23 GMT, "Victor" <vcarnuccio
> @mindspring.com> wrote:
>

>>it's too bad they are so dark.
>>

> Yeah, we should try to do something about them clouds next time.

Fill-in flash helps.

John Forrest Tomlinson
August 6th 04, 11:24 PM
@mindspring.com> wrote:

>it's too bad they are so dark.

Yeah, we should try to do something about them clouds next time.

JT

swj
August 6th 04, 11:39 PM
"Stewart Fleming" > wrote in message

> John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 06 Aug 2004 21:58:23 GMT, "Victor" <vcarnuccio
> > @mindspring.com> wrote:
> >

> >>it's too bad they are so dark.
> >>

> > Yeah, we should try to do something about them clouds next time.
>
> Fill-in flash helps.

in hindsight, yes. then again, i never claimed to be graham watson.

-s

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home