CycleBanter.com

-   Recumbent Biking (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Street Machine measurement.. (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=62053)

garryb59 September 19th 04 10:32 AM

Street Machine measurement..

Has anybody a tape measure and a StreetMachine handy?

I'd appreciate the knowing of the distance between tops of the
handlebars [where the bar end shifters are]. I'm currently trying to
sort out the steering on my homebuild and am slightly concerned that,
by current estimations, the bars look a bit 'wide'. Paradoxically, the
issue of turning radius is of no concern as the steering, although
underseat, is of a 'lever' type design, so I can afford to have the
bars a bit closer to the seat, but they still look to be 'sticking
out' a bit to me.

Many thanks
Garry