CycleBanter.com

-   Australia (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   30 second movie review (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=141462)

Bleve August 7th 06 12:55 AM

30 second movie review

Last night I went and saw Detour de France, my 30s review follows :

Bloody good. Occasionally laggy and sentimental (I think they overdid
the
Amy Gillett thing, but it was their story, so fair enough they tell it
how they want to), but a lot of good laughs and overall a worthwhile
film to see.

You may still be able to catch the Wednesday session if you're in Melb,
Sunday was a sellout :

http://www.melbournefilmfestival.com...p?film_id=6846

Not sure if it'll be released on DVD or general cinema?

spinalot August 7th 06 01:29 AM

30 second movie review

I've got an even better review of the evening, although mine is a bit
longer than 30s and didn't end on such a happy note as Bleve's.
Clearly he had a jolly good night out on the town and went home with a
clear conscience after stomping over someone's heart. I'm really glad
I recommended the film and bought the tickets. Time and money well
spent.

kyra August 7th 06 12:45 PM

30 second movie review

I too saw this last night... was a lighter side to the tour. I was over
for the last 3 stages last year and it was all about the racing... I
didn't see anything like the shenanigans the boys got up to,
brilliant!!

Amy/Fabio tributes, i guess they were showing how dangerous the
sport can be. If anything, the time wasted on that flat tyre was
draining!

Overall I agree, money well spent.

Bill

--