CycleBanter.com

-   Mountain Biking (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Vandeman's ignorance busted (yet again) - this one!!!!!! (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=241657)

I love Mike July 23rd 13 12:57 AM

Vandeman's ignorance busted (yet again) - this one!!!!!!

See second paragraph below from Vandeman, which was on this group:

Mike Vandeman
Jul 20
On Saturday, June 15, 2013 5:44:12 PM UTC-7,

I love Mike wrote: I have challenged you before to provide peer reviewed scientific evidence that mountain biking in damaging NZs natural environment. You have come up with nothing to support your claims. There are reason for this.

Yeah, the reason is that no one in New Zealand CARES enough to study the negative impacts of mountain biking. All you care about is MONEY! By the way, how are the moa and thylacine doing lately? Learn something about your own endangered species: http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=10797165

As illustrated by Vandeman suggesting the thylacine (or tasmanian tiger) was in New Zealand it is obvious Vandeman is a lightweight when it comes to science and environmental issues. In case you don't know Tasmania is not part of New Zealand. It is in Australia.

More importantly if Vandeman had bothered to read about New Zealand's environmental issues from the scientific community he would quickly discover that the impact of introduced mammals - namely possums, rats, cats and ungulates are the main concerns regarding New Zealand's native biodiversity (I have told of this before numerous times). What's more none of the species in the article Vandeman has provided are directly impacted by mountain biking . Kakapo, for example, are only found in offshore islands which are basically off limits to humans.

Interestingly what Vandeman won't tell you is that there is actually growing support for more mountain biking in New Zealand's natural areas (ie national parks) from environmental groups and recreationists. The rationale behind this is that people want additional recreational experiences and the negative impact of mountain biking is more imagined than real according to research from our Department of Conservation.

To me it is obvious that Vandeman, although he pretends to be a scientist is nothing more than an extremist who clearly believes in his own agenda rather than scientific facts. The unfortunate outcome of Vandeman's extremism and irrationality is that he gives the environmental movement a bad name.

Blackblade July 24th 13 10:57 AM

Vandeman's ignorance busted (yet again) - this one!!!!!!

Vandeman is not a scientist; he's a lobbyist.

His approach doesn't meet the most rudimentary requirements of science.

But, even for him, this is a rather good own goal :-)

I love Mike July 26th 13 08:48 PM

Vandeman's ignorance busted (yet again) - this one!!!!!!

It sure is!

I love Mike July 27th 13 09:25 PM

Vandeman's ignorance busted (yet again) - this one!!!!!!

Mike: here is a documentary on the Tasmanian tiger. Tasmania is in Australia just like New York is in the USA (rather than Mexico)..... Would you like me to draw you a picture? It may help you to understand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXIlJIHkxog

I love Mike July 30th 13 05:45 AM

Vandeman's ignorance busted (yet again) - this one!!!!!!

Still no comment mike? No surprise. You have been made to look like a fool.

Mike Vandeman[_4_] July 30th 13 07:44 PM

On Monday, July 22, 2013 4:57:53 PM UTC-7, I love Mike wrote:
See second paragraph below from Vandeman, which was on this group: Mike Vandeman Jul 20 On Saturday, June 15, 2013 5:44:12 PM UTC-7, I love Mike wrote: I have challenged you before to provide peer reviewed scientific evidence that mountain biking in damaging NZs natural environment. You have come up with nothing to support your claims. There are reason for this. Yeah, the reason is that no one in New Zealand CARES enough to study the negative impacts of mountain biking. All you care about is MONEY! By the way, how are the moa and thylacine doing lately? Learn something about your own endangered species: http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=10797165 As illustrated by Vandeman suggesting the thylacine (or tasmanian tiger) was in New Zealand

Show me where I said it's in New Zealand, LIAR. Mountain bikers wouldn't know the truth if it hit them in the face -- which it usually does.

I love Mike August 1st 13 10:17 PM

Vandeman's ignorance busted (yet again) - this one!!!!!!

Hahaha!!!!

I love Mike August 1st 13 10:18 PM

Vandeman's ignorance busted (yet again) - this one!!!!!!

Read your own words dickhead....

I love Mike August 1st 13 10:27 PM

On Wednesday, July 31, 2013 6:44:08 AM UTC+12, Mike Vandeman wrote:
[...]

Quote: By the way, how are the moa and thylacine doing lately? You know I am from New Zealand yet you ask me how an Australian native species is going.. You therefore have confused NZ with Australia. Owned!!!

Mike Vandeman[_4_] August 2nd 13 04:54 AM

On Thursday, August 1, 2013 2:18:17 PM UTC-7, I love Mike wrote:
Read your own words dickhead....

Show me where I said it's in New Zealand, LIAR. (HINT: I DIDN'T.)