CycleBanter.com

-   Unicycling (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Is it a good idea to hacksaw? (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=195343)

hungry4uni October 5th 08 08:59 PM

Is it a good idea to hacksaw?

Here are the measurements

From seat to crotch= 6-7 inches
Seat Post length= 11.5 inches
Seat post visible= 5 inches,
My seat post is as far down as it can go before it hits the tire.
I'm about 5' 2"

I'm thinking of hacksawing my seat post down 2" so that I can get
better at SI. Is this a good Idea.

I cannot post pics now because my camera is charging

--
hungry4uni

If only all bikes were cut in two

'My
Videos'
(http://www.youtube.com/user/mthomasdpm)
*'My
Sponsor' (www.sixsixone.com/)*

thejdw October 5th 08 09:11 PM

Is it a good idea to hacksaw?

i would say yes, but cut off 1 inch and try with that at first. you can
only remove post, not replace it.

--
thejdw

-I didn't spell it wrong, you just read it wrong!-

unibikeling October 5th 08 09:16 PM

Is it a good idea to hacksaw?

thejdw;1107873 wrote:
i would say yes, but cut off 1 inch and try with that at first. you can
only remove post, not replace it.

yeah. I agree, and if its not low enough, go another inch. Whatever
works.

__________________
[image:
http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/i...Oct051358.gif]
'sixsixone - Great equipment for all riding!' (http://sixsixone.com/)
email -
aim/yahoo/msn - Diechickenman51

--
unibikeling

1-wheeled-grape October 5th 08 09:26 PM

Is it a good idea to hacksaw?

Yes, just cut it down about an inch at a time... until its short enough.
Just leave enough on to be able to put the post up when you want to.

--
1-wheeled-grape

*this signature is pointless... do not **even bother reading it, it
would be a waste of time

you wasted your time didn't you? :rolleyes:
*

hungry4uni October 5th 08 11:50 PM

Is it a good idea to hacksaw?

I hacksawed it one inch and my SI has gone way up. I can roll hop things
I couldn't even SI before. Its all great,

EXCEPT

I can't hit 60 cm. SIF static anymore, my record is 65 cm. Will I have
to learn to hit these again, or will I eventually get used to my new
height and hit them easy? I also admitt I injured my back yesterday on
an intense bail, so I'm not exactly feeling my best.

When my back heals and I get used to my new height, will I be able to
hit my records again?

mill_mobile October 6th 08 12:23 AM

Is it a good idea to hacksaw?

hungry4uni;1107991 wrote:
I hacksawed it one inch and my SI has gone way up. I can roll hop things
I couldn't even SI before. Its all great,

EXCEPT

I can't hit 60 cm. SIF static anymore, my record is 65 cm. Will I have
to learn to hit these again, or will I eventually get used to my new
height and hit them easy? I also admitt I injured my back yesterday on
an intense bail, so I'm not exactly feeling my best.

When my back heals and I get used to my new height, will I be able to
hit my records again?

It may just take a bit to get used to your new seat height... I find by
moving my seat an inch or 2 it feels totally different... Just give it
time and you'll get there dude!

EDIT: One thing i found when moving seat height is that it'll benefit
either SI or SIF and make the other feel hard, until you get used to it.

--
mill_mobile

hungry4uni October 6th 08 12:26 AM

Is it a good idea to hacksaw?

So you think it'll come back after a while?

mill_mobile October 6th 08 01:06 AM

Is it a good idea to hacksaw?

hungry4uni;1108009 wrote:
So you think it'll come back after a while?

Sure do. And if it doesnt you need to make a decision... put your seat
up and go with SIF or keep it low and go SI, in my opinion i'd give it a
few weeks.

--
mill_mobile