CycleBanter.com

-   -   those nice people at SeaFrance (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=117465)

MartinM November 30th 05 07:13 PM

those nice people at SeaFrance

.... have just sold me a day return to Calais for £5, with a bike. You
can't book the bike on the website, e-mail them to let them know you
are taking a bike. One thing I did notice in their T/C's is that if
they believe you are not making a day trip they can surcharge your
credit card (and you have to agree to this when you make the booking).
This is presumably in reaction to the man who bought a day return as it
was cheaper than a single and got surcharged when he didn't come back.

Pinky December 1st 05 02:22 AM

those nice people at SeaFrance

what is a "T/C"

why not say what you mean!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
--
Trevor A Panther
In South Yorkshire,
ups.com...

MartinM December 1st 05 09:15 AM

those nice people at SeaFrance

Pinky wrote:
what is a "T/C"

terms/conditions

MSeries December 1st 05 10:02 AM

those nice people at SeaFrance

Pinky wrote:
what is a "T/C"

why not say what you mean!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
--
Trevor A Panther
In South Yorkshire,
"MartinM" wrote in message
ups.com...
... have just sold me a day return to Calais for £5, with a bike. You
can't book the bike on the website, e-mail them to let them know you
are taking a bike. One thing I did notice in their T/C's is that if
they believe you are not making a day trip they can surcharge your
credit card (and you have to agree to this when you make the booking).
This is presumably in reaction to the man who bought a day return as it
was cheaper than a single and got surcharged when he didn't come back.

aaarrggg - top posting

davek December 2nd 05 10:19 AM

those nice people at SeaFrance

MSeries wrote:
aaarrggg - top posting

The exclamation marks are a far greater offence to my eyes.

d.

Peter Fox December 2nd 05 10:26 AM

those nice people at SeaFrance

Following on from MSeries's message. . .

aaarrrggg - anal retentive, self appointed dictator of AU (who needs to
learn a bit about snipping as well.)

aaarrggg - top posting

--
PETER FOX Not the same since the deckchair business folded

www.eminent.demon.co.uk - Lots for cyclists

MartinM December 2nd 05 11:44 AM

Peter Fox wrote:
Following on from MSeries's message. . .

aaarrrggg - anal retentive, self appointed dictator of AU (who needs to
learn a bit about snipping as well.)

that was uncalled for;

if you want to know about going to France, read this thread; if not
don't ;-)
ps what is AU?