CycleBanter.com

-   Mountain Biking (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   changing into/out of what you wear for biking (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=158064)

Micheal Artindale March 17th 07 11:50 PM

changing into/out of what you wear for biking

When you are driving to a trailhrad which has not facilities (washrooms,
changerooms...) and it is over a 1/2 hr away, where do you change? at home?
use a towel/blanket?.....

Thanks,

Micheal

Ride-A-Lot March 18th 07 07:19 AM

Micheal Artindale wrote:
When you are driving to a trailhrad which has not facilities (washrooms,
changerooms...) and it is over a 1/2 hr away, where do you change? at home?
use a towel/blanket?.....

Thanks,

Micheal

In my SUV. The tinted windows are nice and dark and I'm short enough to
lay out on the back seat.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

Micheal Artindale March 18th 07 07:43 AM

"Ride-A-Lot" wrote in message
Micheal Artindale wrote:
When you are driving to a trailhrad which has not facilities (washrooms,
changerooms...) and it is over a 1/2 hr away, where do you change? at
home? use a towel/blanket?.....

Thanks,

Micheal

In my SUV. The tinted windows are nice and dark and I'm short enough to
lay out on the back seat.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

Would a blanket sure the same purpose in a car without tinted windows?

Would most people even care?

Micheal

ridewright March 18th 07 08:45 AM

changing into/out of what you wear for biking

Laugh all you want, but this works great; go to a secondhand store or
yard sale and find a nice colorfull full length womans skirt with an
elastic waist band, keep it in your gear bag/car. just slip into the
skirt, slip out of your street clothes and into riding clothes, repeat
process after ride. and don't forget to remove the skirt after the
change is made.

(PeteCresswell) March 18th 07 01:14 PM

Micheal Artindale wrote:
When you are driving to a trailhrad which has not facilities (washrooms,
changerooms...) and it is over a 1/2 hr away, where do you change? at home?
use a towel/blanket?.....

I do the towel dance.
--
PeteCresswell

(PeteCresswell) March 18th 07 01:16 PM

changing into/out of what you wear for biking

Per Coyoteboy:
who gives a damn if you get seen?

You should.

People get offended, then they note what category of user you fall into, then
they complain to somebody, and the you're one step closer to the "No [whatever]
Allowed In This Area" signs.
--
PeteCresswell

Ride-A-Lot March 18th 07 01:27 PM

ridewright wrote:
Laugh all you want, but this works great; go to a secondhand store or
yard sale and find a nice colorfull full length womans skirt with an
elastic waist band, keep it in your gear bag/car. just slip into the
skirt, slip out of your street clothes and into riding clothes, repeat
process after ride. and don't forget to remove the skirt after the
change is made.

I've used the changing kilt when I was in Idaho and changed to a bathing
suit for the hot springs. It works great as well and it's a kilt (men's
dress).

http://tinyurl.com/2wwutr

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

Micheal Artindale March 18th 07 02:10 PM

"(PeteCresswell)" wrote in message
Per Coyoteboy:
who gives a damn if you get seen?

You should.

People get offended, then they note what category of user you fall into,
then
they complain to somebody, and the you're one step closer to the "No
[whatever]
Allowed In This Area" signs.
--
PeteCresswell

Hence why I am aking. I don want my changing to affect anyone else.

Bill Sornson March 18th 07 08:29 PM

changing into/out of what you wear for biking

Coyoteboy wrote:
Micheal Artindale mumbled incoherently to the rest of
alt.mountain-bike:

When you are driving to a trailhrad which has not facilities
(washrooms, changerooms...) and it is over a 1/2 hr away, where do
you change? at home? use a towel/blanket?.....

Thanks,

Micheal

Standing behind the car - who gives a damn if you get seen? I use the
same technique at the beach when getting into and out of my
kitesurfing kit.

All it takes is one complainant and/or one zealous law enforcement person,
and you're charged with indecent exposure or some such crime. Next stop,
Registered Sex Offender. (As told to me by someone who /said/ he was
so-warned after letting his ass hang out while changing after a ride.)

Bill "use a big towel" S.

JD March 18th 07 09:01 PM

changing into/out of what you wear for biking

On Mar 17, 3:50 pm, "Micheal Artindale"
wrote:
When you are driving to a trailhrad which has not facilities (washrooms,
changerooms...) and it is over a 1/2 hr away, where do you change? at home?
use a towel/blanket?.....

Thanks,

Micheal

My truck has 4 doors and in-between opened doors is an instant
changing room. Besides, B.I.B. is nice after a long ride to let the
boys air out a bit.

JD