CycleBanter.com

-   -   Habanero? (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=252015)

Doug Landau January 20th 17 09:46 PM

Habanero?

Haven't seen a post from Mark Hickey in a long time.

Is Habanero still a good choice for a Ti roadbike?

Looks like the price has gone up, 995 now

http://www.habcycles.com/cross.html

AMuzi January 20th 17 10:37 PM

Habanero?

On 1/20/2017 3:46 PM, Doug Landau wrote:
Haven't seen a post from Mark Hickey in a long time.

Is Habanero still a good choice for a Ti roadbike?

Looks like the price has gone up, 995 now

http://www.habcycles.com/cross.html

We think so. Never disappointed with any Habanero we've sold.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH January 20th 17 11:54 PM

Habanero?

Mark passes thru my mind abt once 2x a year with our relevance to Lance*

I looked back then. There was a Chinese frame builder with a Ferrari like Logo with custom frames for $700 ? Ho's my memory ? Lets check inflation ...

1996 to 2016 is 700 to 1070.78

aha ! but the welding techniques are superior, as is tubing and off course the ways of cheating you mercilessly across the pacific

where's Ferrari Chinese Ti today ?

*egregious name dropping

DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH January 21st 17 11:34 AM

Habanero?

http://www.slowtwitch.com/Interview/...nero_3066.html

haven't seen the Arab raft for years ..
know more abt it ?

I recognize Barrone n there's a dying man holding a Ford oil drain plug ..

DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH January 21st 17 02:15 PM

Habanero?

)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

I recognize Barrone n there's a dying man holding a Ford oil drain plug ..

TACK TACK

'people on raft painting'

https://marnielangeroodiblog.wordpre...e-medusa-1819/

Radey Shouman January 22nd 17 12:29 AM

Habanero?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Raft_of_the_Medusa

DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH January 22nd 17 02:22 AM

Habanero?

short of the Cal Coast

https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/f...aulttheodo.jpg

Doug Landau January 24th 17 05:09 AM

Habanero?

On Saturday, January 21, 2017 at 3:34:45 AM UTC-8, DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH wrote:
http://www.slowtwitch.com/Interview/...nero_3066.html

Thanks that was a great article.

Doug Landau January 24th 17 05:47 AM

Habanero?

On Friday, January 20, 2017 at 1:46:57 PM UTC-8, Doug Landau wrote:
Haven't seen a post from Mark Hickey in a long time.

Is Habanero still a good choice for a Ti roadbike?

Looks like the price has gone up, 995 now

http://www.habcycles.com/cross.html

Y'all won't believe this but now that I've freshened up a beautiful old Fuji for rain, ... ... well, ... the brakes simply do not work in the rain.

Sheldon said that aero levers have much greater mechanical advantage, and it would be interesting to see if those would help. I also have a pair of modolo morpheus brifters I was thinking about putting on. Would have to check the throw to see if - on 7speed setting - it will line up with the six speed freewheel that's on there now. IIRC they were both shimano and campy compatible, I guess either their 7 speed cog spacing are the same, or the modolos have a fine adjustment.
The bike already has barcons which I like. OTOH the reviews say the modolos are good brake levers but not good shifters, so maybe just use them as brake levers.

This thing doesn't have discs and is not a 56 and is not in my town anyway:
https://denver.craigslist.org/bik/5932788362.html

Is it a sloping top tube or just the way the pic makes it look?

John B.[_3_] January 24th 17 08:05 AM

Habanero?

On Mon, 23 Jan 2017 21:47:25 -0800 (PST), Doug Landau
wrote:

[...]

I've used brifters with both Vee Brakes and Cantilevers. To do so you
need a very straight wheel (no wobble) and the pads have to be
adjusted very close to the rims, but it can be done successfully. The
one problem that I encountered was that usually any quick release (to
change the wheel) won't open far enough to get the wheel out. I used
in-line adjusters to overcome that problem.

My advise would be to first get a set of Kool-Stop brake pads and try
them as I've found then quite effective in the rain and even if they
don't help much with wet weather they are still fine brake pads.
--
Cheers,

John B.