CycleBanter.com

-   Off Road (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   MOPAR Bike Carrier (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=88986)

[email protected] May 9th 05 12:20 PM

MOPAR Bike Carrier

Anyone have a problem with hitch locks and the mopar bike rack
carriers. I recently purchased a Mopar 1 1/4" Hitch Receiver and a 2
Bike Mopar 1 1/4" Bike Carrier. The Mopar Hitch Receiver has a standard
1/2" pin that fits fine. When the Bike Carrier is placed into the hitch
receiver, they supply a bolt and hole that is smaller than the standard
1/2" pin. The 1/2" pin won't fit into the bike carrier piece, so I
can't seem to find a hitch lock that will fit. I'd like to put a lock
on the bike carrier so someone won't be able to steal it, anyone have
any suggestions?

Alex

posting problems, or contact the moderators, please see
http://rbor.org/

[email protected] May 9th 05 06:50 PM

So I called a mopar dealer, and they give you a hex bolt that has a pin
where the allen wrench would normally go, so not any old alan wrench
will fit the bolt. That's their security. If anyone knows of a Hitch
Lock that will fit, please let me know. would like something a bit more
secure.

Alex