CycleBanter.com

-   Australia (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   well, they aren't using earbuds (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=174554)

Zebee Johnstone November 30th 07 09:05 AM

well, they aren't using earbuds

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/29/ny...=1&oref=slogin

You know all those people who reckon you shouldn't cycle while using
in-ear type headphones?

Well these guys aren't. THey prefer umm... more volume.

The new kind of doof-doof is pedal powered!

Zebee

G-S November 30th 07 10:26 AM

Zebee Johnstone wrote:
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/29/ny...=1&oref=slogin

You know all those people who reckon you shouldn't cycle while using
in-ear type headphones?

Well these guys aren't. THey prefer umm... more volume.

The new kind of doof-doof is pedal powered!

Zebee

I'd like to see him power that from a bicycle dynamo ;-)

G-S

Artoi November 30th 07 09:43 PM

well, they aren't using earbuds

In article ,
G-S wrote:

Zebee Johnstone wrote:
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/29/ny...=1&oref=slogin

You know all those people who reckon you shouldn't cycle while using
in-ear type headphones?

Well these guys aren't. THey prefer umm... more volume.

The new kind of doof-doof is pedal powered!

Zebee

I'd like to see him power that from a bicycle dynamo ;-)

I'd like to see how fast a bike can go with a 3000W engine. ;)

Graeme Dods December 1st 07 05:15 AM

On Nov 30, 6:05 pm, Zebee Johnstone wrote:
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/29/ny...=1&oref=slogin

You know all those people who reckon you shouldn't cycle while using
in-ear type headphones?

Well these guys aren't. THey prefer umm... more volume.

The new kind of doof-doof is pedal powered!

"The bikers said they have heard no complaints about the noise they
make from residents or people they pass."

Eh? What you saying? I can't hear you over the music.

TimC December 1st 07 05:59 AM

well, they aren't using earbuds

On 2007-12-01, Graeme Dods (aka Bruce)
On Nov 30, 6:05 pm, Zebee Johnstone wrote:
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/29/ny...=1&oref=slogin

You know all those people who reckon you shouldn't cycle while using
in-ear type headphones?

Well these guys aren't. THey prefer umm... more volume.

The new kind of doof-doof is pedal powered!

"The bikers said they have heard no complaints about the noise they
make from residents or people they pass."

Eh? What you saying? I can't hear you over the music.

They're being entirely honest :)

--
TimC
This message consists entirely of true bits and false bits!

Resound[_2_] December 1st 07 10:21 AM

well, they aren't using earbuds

"Artoi" wrote in message
In article ,
G-S wrote:

Zebee Johnstone wrote:
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/29/ny...=1&oref=slogin

You know all those people who reckon you shouldn't cycle while using
in-ear type headphones?

Well these guys aren't. THey prefer umm... more volume.

The new kind of doof-doof is pedal powered!

Zebee

I'd like to see him power that from a bicycle dynamo ;-)

I'd like to see how fast a bike can go with a 3000W engine. ;)
--

I'm guessing about 90-100kph on the flat. 200w gets you about 25kph so four
times that speed requires 16 times that power (drag goes up as a square of

Zebee Johnstone December 1st 07 12:39 PM

well, they aren't using earbuds

In aus.bicycle on Sat, 1 Dec 2007 21:21:03 +1100
Resound wrote:

"Artoi" wrote in message

I'd like to see how fast a bike can go with a 3000W engine. ;)
--

I'm guessing about 90-100kph on the flat. 200w gets you about 25kph so four
times that speed requires 16 times that power (drag goes up as a square of
speed) so 100kph should be about 3200w.

Yeah, but factor in the weight of the speakers!

Zebee

Resound[_2_] December 2nd 07 12:52 AM

Resound wrote:

"Artoi" wrote in message

I'd like to see how fast a bike can go with a 3000W engine. ;)
--

I'm guessing about 90-100kph on the flat. 200w gets you about 25kph so
four
times that speed requires 16 times that power (drag goes up as a square
of
speed) so 100kph should be about 3200w.

Yeah, but factor in the weight of the speakers!

Zebee

I thought the speakers would be replaced by the 4hp electric motor.