CycleBanter.com

-   -   The Shed Thread (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=236023)

Bertie Wooster[_2_] April 11th 12 10:20 PM

The Shed Thread

As some of you may recall, I have discovered an 8 metre by 4 metre
patio under a heap of soil and compost at the end of my garden. The
patio is now clear.

I intend to use the patio to build a log cabin and garden store.
http://www.elbecgardenbuildings.co.u...eygrove%20.jpg

Mad Dave doesn't believe I can do it - but given the quality of his
decking I have no confidence in his judgement.

The log cabin is now ordered, and I expect delivery in a couple of
weeks. But today I took the first step in the cabin's construction. I
picked up 15 breize blocks to lay the cabin's bearers on, and
positioned them roughly.

Here are a couple of before and after shots.
http://www.britishschoolofcycling.com/photos/shed/00
http://www.britishschoolofcycling.com/photos/shed/01

I'll keep updating as the cabin's construction progresses.

Dave - Cyclists VOR April 12th 12 12:15 AM

The Shed Thread

On 11/04/2012 22:20, Bertie Wooster wrote:
As some of you may recall, I have discovered an 8 metre by 4 metre
patio under a heap of soil and compost at the end of my garden. The
patio is now clear.

I intend to use the patio to build a log cabin and garden store.
http://www.elbecgardenbuildings.co.u...eygrove%20.jpg

Mad Dave doesn't believe I can do it

I know you can't do it. Have you not spotted the flaw in the
instructions you posted?

- but given the quality of his
decking I have no confidence in his judgement.

You still haven't explained, using your vast experience & knowledge of
decking, what exactly is wrong with it.

No doubt you can support that claim?

The class is waiting boy.

The log cabin is now ordered, and I expect delivery in a couple of
weeks. But today I took the first step in the cabin's construction. I
picked up 15 breize blocks to lay the cabin's bearers on, and
positioned them roughly.

Personally I would have used Breeze Blocks. Are you really a teacher?

Here are a couple of before and after shots.
http://www.britishschoolofcycling.com/photos/shed/00
http://www.britishschoolofcycling.com/photos/shed/01

You are not seriously going to use that as a base?

I'll keep updating as the cabin's construction progresses.

This could be a Perrier Award winner.
University

Simon Mason[_4_] April 12th 12 08:43 AM

The Shed Thread

I intend to use the patio to build a log cabin and garden store.http://www.elbecgardenbuildings.co.u...ts/extras/Leyg...

Mad Dave doesn't believe I can do it - but given the quality of his
decking I have no confidence in his judgement.

The log cabin is now ordered, and I expect delivery in a couple of
weeks. But today I took the first step in the cabin's construction. I
picked up 15 breize blocks to lay the cabin's bearers on, and
positioned them roughly.

Here are a couple of before and after shots.http://www.britishschoolofcycling.co...photos/shed/01

I'll keep updating as the cabin's construction progresses.

Good work, Bertie.
Do keep us updated - here is the latest on our pond project.

http://www.swldxer.co.uk/fishpond.htm

--
Simon Mason

Partac[_10_] April 12th 12 09:53 AM

The Shed Thread

"Dave - Cyclists VOR" wrote in message

[...]

I think he may have attended the same school of construction as Simon Mason.
He's certainly got Mason's eye when it comes to attention to appearance and
making a nice tidy job of it.

Simon Mason[_4_] April 12th 12 05:33 PM

The Shed Thread

On Apr 11, 10:20*pm, Bertie Wooster wrote:
As some of you may recall, I have discovered an 8 metre by 4 metre
patio under a heap of soil and compost at the end of my garden. The
patio is now clear.

I intend to use the patio to build a log cabin and garden store.http://www.elbecgardenbuildings.co.u...ts/extras/Leyg...

Mad Dave doesn't believe I can do it - but given the quality of his
decking I have no confidence in his judgement.

The log cabin is now ordered, and I expect delivery in a couple of
weeks. But today I took the first step in the cabin's construction. I
picked up 15 breize blocks to lay the cabin's bearers on, and
positioned them roughly.

Here are a couple of before and after shots.http://www.britishschoolofcycling.co...photos/shed/01

I'll keep updating as the cabin's construction progresses.

I would have put a pond or small swimming pool in that area.

Wm... April 22nd 12 01:30 PM

The Shed Thread

Thu, 12 Apr 2012 00:43:54

uk.rec.cycling Simon Mason

Good work, Bertie.

Agreed

Do keep us updated - here is the latest on our pond project.

http://www.swldxer.co.uk/fishpond.htm

I'm not sure about the lamb on the bridge for moral reasons :)

--
Wm...

Wm... April 22nd 12 01:33 PM

The Shed Thread

Wed, 11 Apr 2012 22:20:40
uk.rec.cycling Bertie Wooster

http://www.britishschoolofcycling.com/photos/shed/01

I'll keep updating as the cabin's construction progresses.

I'm liking the potential in that pic

--
Wm...

Judith[_4_] April 22nd 12 04:18 PM

The Shed Thread

On Sun, 22 Apr 2012 13:30:17 +0100, "Wm..."
wrote:

Thu, 12 Apr 2012 00:43:54

uk.rec.cycling Simon Mason

Good work, Bertie.

Agreed

Do keep us updated - here is the latest on our pond project.

http://www.swldxer.co.uk/fishpond.htm

I'm not sure about the lamb on the bridge for moral reasons :)

He has another one of the dog shagging it.

Simon Mason April 22nd 12 06:47 PM

The Shed Thread

"Wm..." wrote in message
]...
Wed, 11 Apr 2012 22:20:40
uk.rec.cycling Bertie Wooster

http://www.britishschoolofcycling.com/photos/shed/01

I'll keep updating as the cabin's construction progresses.

I'm liking the potential in that pic

Here is my beer cellar - a similarly successful potential outcome.

http://www.swldxer.co.uk/beercellar.htm

--
Simon Mason