CycleBanter.com

-   Recumbent Biking (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Inexpensive recumbent trike (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=24720)

Freddie Wall October 13th 03 05:21 PM

Inexpensive recumbent trike

The subject line might be somewhat inaccurate. My son, age 12, has seen
several recumbent trikes when we happened to ride with other recumbent
riders. Unfortunately, my search, primarily using the Internet, has not
produced one that is within my budget. Is the EZ-3 just about the only trike
option at what I consider entry level price? I've checked various sites
for used trikes and they would still strain the wallet.

Thanks for comments and suggestions.

Larry Varney October 13th 03 05:51 PM

Freddie Wall wrote:
The subject line might be somewhat inaccurate. My son, age 12, has seen
several recumbent trikes when we happened to ride with other recumbent
riders. Unfortunately, my search, primarily using the Internet, has not
produced one that is within my budget. Is the EZ-3 just about the only trike
option at what I consider entry level price? I've checked various sites
for used trikes and they would still strain the wallet.

Thanks for comments and suggestions.

Check out 'bentrider online at http://www.bentrideronline.com, and
more specifically the "Stop the Presses" section, with an ongoing report
from Interbike. It appears that Sun will be producing a recumbent trike
that will sell for around $1,000. It's a tadpole design, as opposed to
the delta of the EZ-3.

--
Larry Varney
Cold Spring, KY

Doug Huffman October 13th 03 07:46 PM

Inexpensive recumbent trike

There is a front drive and front steer recumbent 'trike' that is popular
with his age group on our beaches here in South Carolina.

Ian October 13th 03 08:14 PM

Inexpensive recumbent trike

Doug Huffman must be edykated coz e writed:

Try http://www.kmxkarts.co.uk/index.html
--
Ian

http://www.catrike.co.uk

Jeff Wills October 13th 03 10:14 PM

"Doug Huffman" wrote in message ...
There is a front drive and front steer recumbent 'trike' that is popular
with his age group on our beaches here in South Carolina.

Try:
http://www.trailmate.com/funCycleSeries.cfm

Jeff

Mikael Seierup October 13th 03 10:20 PM

Inexpensive recumbent trike

"Jeff Wills" skrev

Try:
http://www.trailmate.com/funCycleSeries.cfm

I'll second that one. We had a few demomodels of a similar type
at the danish championships and it was quite fun to see all the riders
hop on these kids trikes and tear around the parkinglot with a big grin
on their faces. Kids loved them too.

Mikael

Old Wizard October 14th 03 01:44 AM

Inexpensive recumbent trike

Thanks for all the suggestions. Since my son appears to becoming involved
with BMX more so that road riding, I think I shall contact the KMX Karts.
The other two suggestions, Trailmate and Sun Cycles, look good as well. One
of the two recumbents we own is the EZ1. I know it is considered a
beginner's recumbent but we have been pleased with it and the BikeE CT.

Once again, thanks to all for such quick responses.

Alan Weiss October 14th 03 03:58 AM

Inexpensive recumbent trike

There's also the Tricruiser:
http://www.americruiser.com/
The original model, at $799, has (in my opinion) an inadequate brake.
However, there is now an option for front disks, which would remove that
objection. Perhaps it's not really suitable for a kid, I don't know, but
it is the least expensive full-sized tadpole trike that I am aware of
(kmx carts seem built for kids).

Alan Weiss
NJ Gold Rush, E2 tandem, and Leitra rider