CycleBanter.com

-   General (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   A small miracle (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=261442)

Joy Beeson April 21st 21 12:25 AM

A small miracle

https://www.timesunioneedition.com/W...e-Edition/7A/#

Today's Times-Union has a filler ad on page 7A that gives safety rules
for bike riding.

Under a logo of the yellow diamond-shaped "Share the Road" sign, there
is a list:

boldWhen Riding Always:/bold
-Go With the Traffic Flow. Ride on the right in the same direction as
other vehicles
-Obey All Traffic Laws. A bicycle is a vehicle and you are a driver
-Yield to Traffic When Appropriate
-Be Predictable
-Stay Alert at All Times
-Look Before Turning
-Watch for Parked Cars

centered signature

A Message From The
Times [logo] Union

/centered signature

[I substituted -s for the bullets]

Note the total lack of FOB's essential and only possible safety rule:
"Wear a symbolic hat shaped somewhat like a helmet."

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at centurylink dot net

Frank Krygowski[_4_] April 21st 21 06:25 PM

A small miracle

On 4/20/2021 7:25 PM, Joy Beeson wrote:

[...]

Nice!

I keep hoping for PSA messages directed at motorists, too.

--
- Frank Krygowski

Joy Beeson April 22nd 21 03:12 AM

A small miracle

On Wed, 21 Apr 2021 13:25:26 -0400, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

I keep hoping for PSA messages directed at motorists, too.

They had one the day before, I believe.

Frank Krygowski[_4_] April 22nd 21 03:19 AM

A small miracle

wrote:

I keep hoping for PSA messages directed at motorists, too.

They had one the day before, I believe.

Good!

--
- Frank Krygowski

NFN Smith[_2_] April 22nd 21 06:00 PM

A small miracle

wrote:

I keep hoping for PSA messages directed at motorists, too.

They had one the day before, I believe.

General motoring safety, or directions on how to interact with cyclists?

Smith

Joy Beeson April 24th 21 01:50 AM

A small miracle

On Thu, 22 Apr 2021 10:00:41 -0700, NFN Smith
wrote:

General motoring safety, or directions on how to interact with cyclists?

Trying to check, I found one on pedestrians, with a general remark
addressed to drivers, follwed by a request that both be "more
observant, cautious, and safe":

https://www.timesunioneedition.com/W...e-Edition/5A/#

A little farther back I came across a reminder that you aren't
supposed to accelerate around a stopped schoolbus and mow down three
innocent little children:

https://www.timesunioneedition.com/W...e-Edition/4B/#

and the schoolbus ad ran again the day before yesterday, but nothing
on driving safely; I must have mis-remembered.