CycleBanter.com

-   -   Advice needed on headset. Thanks! (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=245851)

Mike Anderson November 28th 14 01:49 AM

Advice needed on headset. Thanks!

I would like to find the correct headset for my MTB - Zero Stack or
Integrated Standard.
The frame is a Swedish Crescent. Probably a first generation aluminium
frame with oversize tubing from around the year 2000. Size of
headtube/steerer is 44/28.6 | 44/30.

It had a semi-integrated headset installed. When I dismantled the
headset I discovered that the headtube was machined and had an inside
bevel, both top and bottom. This inside bevel makes me believe that it
might need an Integrated headset.
I spoke to a tech guy who said that a Zero Stack headset was probably
the correct one because of the age of the frame. However, at Park Tool
they list (as obsolete) an integrated headset which would fit the
headtube:

Integrated-angular contact
1-1/8" steering column
36 x 36 degree contact

There is a picture of the headtube he
monoform.com/temporar/headset/

Any help would be much appreciated!
Best regards!
MIke

[email protected] November 28th 14 12:30 PM

Advice needed on headset. Thanks!

rutabaga !

https://www.google.com/#q=swedish+crescent+bike

AMuzi November 28th 14 01:48 PM

On 11/27/2014 7:49 PM, Mike Anderson wrote:
[...]

This isn't difficult, see any competent shop which regularly
services bicycles. They will have a gauge like this:

http://www.yellowjersey.org/photosfr...st/hsgauge.jpg

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/