CycleBanter.com

-   General (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   1,000 Pound Man !! (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=68408)

Fx199 October 29th 04 04:42 PM

1,000 Pound Man !!

Subject: 1,000 Pound Man !!
From: "B i l l S o r n s o n"
Date: 10/29/2004 10:11 AM US Eastern Standard Time
Churchill wrote:
The Ultimate Survival Story:

{snip}

God bless that guy; hope he gets a new lease on life from this.

Bill "not sure why it was posted HERE, of course, but..." S.

People who FEED people that fat when they can't walk and are
bedridden....they're just cruel...

Churchill October 29th 04 05:04 PM

From: "B i l l S o r n s o n"
Date: 10/29/2004 10:11 AM US Eastern Standard Time
Churchill wrote:
The Ultimate Survival Story:

{snip}

God bless that guy; hope he gets a new lease on life from this.

Bill "not sure why it was posted HERE, of course, but..." S.

People who FEED people that fat when they can't walk and are
bedridden....they're just cruel...

Oh sure blame the FEEDERS :)

--
Ask your ISP to add the following newsgroups:

alt.war.world-war-one
alt.war.world-war-two
alt.war.world-war-three
alt.war.napoleonic
alt.war.war-of-1812
alt.war.terrorism
alt.war.biological
alt.war.chemical
alt.war.misc

Jim Boyer October 29th 04 05:30 PM

From: "B i l l S o r n s o n"
Date: 10/29/2004 10:11 AM US Eastern Standard Time
Churchill wrote:
The Ultimate Survival Story:

{snip}

God bless that guy; hope he gets a new lease on life from this.

Bill "not sure why it was posted HERE, of course, but..." S.

People who FEED people that fat when they can't walk and are
bedridden....they're just cruel...

Right....seems like there would have to be some kind of criminal abuse or
something. The guy was over 1,000 lbs, immobile and undernourished. What
were they giving him?
jb

dgk October 29th 04 07:44 PM

On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 15:11:04 GMT, "B i l l S o r n s o n"
wrote:

Churchill wrote:
The Ultimate Survival Story:

{snip}

God bless that guy; hope he gets a new lease on life from this.

Bill "not sure why it was posted HERE, of course, but..." S.

Maybe as a reaction to the 500 lb guy thread?

Ok, who can design a bicycle for a 1,000 lb guy?

the black rose October 30th 04 03:21 AM

Churchill wrote:
Deuel had been bedridden since last fall and was malnourished because so
many of his calories came from foods high in fat and carbohydrates.

If he was bedridden, who was feeding him this junk?

Even *I* would put him on Atkins. Heck, if he ate a normal,
balanced, 2000 cal/day diet, he'd lose weight.

Wow. Just... wow.

-km

--
Only cowards fight kids -- unidentified Moscow protester

proud to be owned by a yorkie

Chalo October 30th 04 08:33 AM

the black rose wrote:

Churchill wrote:
Deuel had been bedridden since last fall and was malnourished because so
many of his calories came from foods high in fat and carbohydrates.

If he was bedridden, who was feeding him this junk?

Even *I* would put him on Atkins. Heck, if he ate a normal,
balanced, 2000 cal/day diet, he'd lose weight.

Wow. Just... wow.

No kidding. If I read the article correctly, the guy lost an average
of 3.5 pounds per day for four months _before_ he got the surgery!
And he was still eating 1200 cal/day, an intake that would pass for
normal in many impoverished parts of the world. That makes me wonder
why he'd need surgery at all-- because the noninvasive option seemed
to be doing phenomenally well.

What makes this even weirder for me is that for him to have gotten
into that state, someone not only had to feed him cartloads of junk
food, but also had to carry off cartloads of his crap! That seems
like it would get really tiresome, really quickly. What could
possibly be the motivation to do that?

Chalo Colina

AustinMN October 30th 04 02:16 PM

Chalo wrote:
the black rose wrote:

Churchill wrote:
[...]

Google codependence. It's the thing that keeps millions of behavioral
addicts in their addiction.

Austin

Ben Kaufman October 31st 04 04:38 AM

From: "B i l l S o r n s o n"

Date: 10/29/2004 10:11 AM US Eastern Standard Time
Churchill wrote:
The Ultimate Survival Story:

{snip}

God bless that guy; hope he gets a new lease on life from this.

Bill "not sure why it was posted HERE, of course, but..." S.

People who FEED people that fat when they can't walk and are
bedridden....they're just cruel...

They left out the part about his mind control powers.

.... and I thought this was going to be a story about what kind of bike a
half-ton man rides. I was hoping to hear some tips on avoiding chafing.

Ben

Ben Kaufman October 31st 04 04:44 AM

On 30 Oct 2004 00:33:48 -0700, (Chalo) wrote:

the black rose wrote:

Churchill wrote:
[...]

He was losing weight only because he was finally in a place where people were
not throwing him snickers bars and he could not get his own. However, I believe
that as soon as he lost enough weight to regain mobility he would be eating
again.

Ben

Mike Kruger October 31st 04 03:23 PM

On 30 Oct 2004 00:33:48 -0700,
(Chalo) wrote:

No kidding. If I read the article correctly, the guy

lost an average
of 3.5 pounds per day for four months _before_ he got the

surgery!
And he was still eating 1200 cal/day, an intake that

would pass for
normal in many impoverished parts of the world. That

makes me wonder
why he'd need surgery at all-- because the noninvasive

option seemed
to be doing phenomenally well.

Only a guess follows.
You can't really lose 3.5 pounds a day for 4 months if these
pounds are "normal" pounds. Doesn't it take a calorie
reduction of over 3000 calories to cause a pound of weight
loss? So, I would guess he had severe fluid retention
issues and that most of that large weight loss was water.
That's the 'easy' weight loss, and this rate of decrease
probably could not be sustained much further.

--
Mike Kruger
A new Florida poll shows President Bush winning the state by