CycleBanter.com

-   Australia (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   grease stains (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=110647)

byron27 October 14th 04 02:52 AM

grease stains

ok, ive tried napisan and prewash stain remover, and i still cant ge
the grease stains off my knicks, jerseys, tshirts, jeans, socks, etc!

anyone have a bombproof method of getting grease out of clothes tha
doesnt require blood from the sacrificial slaying of any innocen
animals

--
byron27

Resound October 14th 04 03:08 AM

grease stains

"byron27" wrote in message

ok, ive tried napisan and prewash stain remover, and i still cant get
the grease stains off my knicks, jerseys, tshirts, jeans, socks, etc!!

anyone have a bombproof method of getting grease out of clothes that
doesnt require blood from the sacrificial slaying of any innocent
animals?

--
byron27

Tricky...cleaners that do a great job on grease often don't play well with
artificial fibres. I've had enormous success in the past using petrol or
kerosene as an intermediate step in removing grease from jeans. Dunno what
the end result would be on polyester though; could well end in tears.

Bikesoiler October 14th 04 04:28 AM

grease stains

byron27 Wrote:
ok, ive tried napisan and prewash stain remover, and i still cant ge
the grease stains off my knicks, jerseys, tshirts, jeans, socks, etc!!

anyone have a bombproof method of getting grease out of clothes tha
doesnt require blood from the sacrificial slaying of any innocen
animals?

You could try Citrus solvent. I'd be carefull on synthetics but I'
sure I've used it on cotton. Don't let it soak, spray, then wash.

Otherwise just dye the offending garments black. :

--
Bikesoiler

TP October 14th 04 06:12 AM

grease stains

i use oil & grease remover from local auto shop to remove grease from felt
in the back of subi when marked when carrying bike in back...
works great...a bit on the carsengenic side...(spelling) " would work on
clothes but wash immediatly after,......tell me how it goes...
:)

ritcho October 14th 04 07:02 AM

grease stains

TP Wrote:
i use oil & grease remover from local auto shop to remove grease from
felt
in the back of subi when marked when carrying bike in back...
works great...a bit on the carsengenic side...(spelling) " would work
on
clothes but wash immediatly after,......tell me how it goes...
:)

[snip]

[/color]

"Carsengenic" - A garment that draws derision from fashion police
everywhere :D

Ritch

--
ritcho

aeek October 14th 04 10:58 AM

grease stains

TP Wrote:
i use oil & grease remover from local auto shop to remove grease fro
felt in the back of subi

which reminds me of using industrial hand cream which stripped th
grease off, 25 years ago so how safe it would be today. Maybe th
modern equivalent

--
aeek

bkay October 14th 04 11:42 AM

grease stains

byron27 Wrote:
ok, ive tried napisan and prewash stain remover, and i still cant ge
the grease stains off my knicks, jerseys, tshirts, jeans, socks, etc!

anyone have a bombproof method of getting grease out of clothes tha
doesnt require blood from the sacrificial slaying of any innocen
animals?Here's another product to try called Dylon stain remover No 1 It is

small blue & white container. It has always removed the grease from m
washing. Not sure about bicycle grease though. Just make sure yo
follow the instructions

Hope this helps.:

--
bkay

Gags October 14th 04 12:02 PM

grease stains

"byron27" wrote in message

ok, ive tried napisan and prewash stain remover, and i still cant get
the grease stains off my knicks, jerseys, tshirts, jeans, socks, etc!!

anyone have a bombproof method of getting grease out of clothes that
doesnt require blood from the sacrificial slaying of any innocent
animals?

byron27

Give them to the missus.....works every time.

Ride On,

Gags (who if interrogated will deny ever saying the above)

cirrus October 15th 04 01:26 AM

grease stains

byron27 Wrote:
ok, ive tried napisan and prewash stain remover, and i still cant ge
the grease stains off my knicks, jerseys, tshirts, jeans, socks, etc!!

anyone have a bombproof method of getting grease out of clothes tha
doesnt require blood from the sacrificial slaying of any innocen
animals?

I find that eucalyptus oil works a treat for most stains. Added bonu
is the nice smell

--
cirrus

TP October 15th 04 01:40 AM

grease stains

This stuff has a warning description on the side.....not that many people
read it but i would use gloves & a mask.....reads like most herbicides for
your garden......
But it does work...

"aeek" wrote in message

TP Wrote:
i use oil & grease remover from local auto shop to remove grease from
felt in the back of subi

which reminds me of using industrial hand cream which stripped the
grease off, 25 years ago so how safe it would be today. Maybe the
modern equivalent?

--
aeek