CycleBanter.com

-   Australia (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Okay so who's a sooky lala? (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=110639)

hippy October 13th 04 12:47 PM

Okay so who's a sooky lala?

I am.

I don't mind posts about who went out the longest
in the worst weather with the least clothing ('me' damn
you!) but I thought "bugger it" tonight.
The last few days have seen me come too close to
quite a few large, stupid, metal objects (cars) through
no fault of my own. It seems the warm days cause
drivers to switch off their brains. How many panic
stops and crazy swerves do I need to do in two days?!
Well I just couldn't be arsed taking chances tonight, what
with warmed brains AND slippery roads?
Caught the train. Thanks. Done. Good night.

hippy

cfsmtb October 13th 04 01:00 PM

Okay so who's a sooky lala?

Rode home in It. Was splashed by several cars by sprays of It. Got hom
and realised quite a bit of It had seeped into my shoes, associate
bike clothing & possibly the crumpler. God bless SKS guards, kept eve
more of It away from the serfas saddle...left bike outside for awhile
two big muddy puddles of It on veranda, drying out slowly

--
cfsmtb

Gags October 13th 04 01:03 PM

Okay so who's a sooky lala?

"hippy" wrote in message
I am.

I don't mind posts about who went out the longest
in the worst weather with the least clothing ('me' damn
you!) but I thought "bugger it" tonight.
The last few days have seen me come too close to
quite a few large, stupid, metal objects (cars) through
no fault of my own. It seems the warm days cause
drivers to switch off their brains. How many panic
stops and crazy swerves do I need to do in two days?!
Well I just couldn't be arsed taking chances tonight, what
with warmed brains AND slippery roads?
Caught the train. Thanks. Done. Good night.

hippy

I hope that when you got home you went to the fridge and grabbed yourself a
couple of cans of Harden Up. I rode home in knicks and jersey in the
pouring rain and I was so glad that I took off the rear "backscratcher"
mudguard earlier in the week due to the good weather. Got absolutely soaked
(at least it wasn't cold) and then had to spend half an hour or so washing
all the road crud from my bike, oiling cables, and lubing chain ready for
ATB on Sunday.......think I am gonna stick to the SS MTB for the rest of the
week.

Ride On,

Gags

hippy October 13th 04 01:06 PM

Okay so who's a sooky lala?

"Gags" gags_44nospamatnospamtpg.com.au wrote
I hope that when you got home you went to the fridge and grabbed yourself

couple of cans of Harden Up. I rode home in knicks and jersey in the
pouring rain and I was so glad that I took off the rear "backscratcher"
mudguard earlier in the week due to the good weather. Got absolutely

soaked
(at least it wasn't cold) and then had to spend half an hour or so washing
all the road crud from my bike, oiling cables, and lubing chain ready for
ATB on Sunday.......think I am gonna stick to the SS MTB for the rest of

the
week.

The real reason I don't like rain: cleaning the frickin' bike.

hippy

Blah October 13th 04 01:16 PM

Okay so who's a sooky lala?

"hippy" wrote in message
"Gags" gags_44nospamatnospamtpg.com.au wrote
I hope that when you got home you went to the fridge and grabbed yourself

couple of cans of Harden Up. I rode home in knicks and jersey in the
pouring rain and I was so glad that I took off the rear "backscratcher"
mudguard earlier in the week due to the good weather. Got absolutely

soaked
(at least it wasn't cold) and then had to spend half an hour or so
washing
all the road crud from my bike, oiling cables, and lubing chain ready for
ATB on Sunday.......think I am gonna stick to the SS MTB for the rest of

the
week.

The real reason I don't like rain: cleaning the frickin' bike.

hippy

I feel guilty. Sure, I rode home in knicks and short sleeves on a bare road
bike (ie. no guards or nuffin'), but then I didn't clean it... It dried off
in the garage and is now inside slowly oxidising. Weekend job, I suppose...

[email protected] October 13th 04 09:27 PM

Okay so who's a sooky lala?

"hippy" == hippy writes:

hippy I am. I don't mind posts about who went out the longest in
hippy the worst weather with the least clothing ('me' damn you!)
hippy but I thought "bugger it" tonight. The last few days have
hippy seen me come too close to quite a few large, stupid, metal
hippy objects (cars) through no fault of my own. It seems the warm
hippy days cause drivers to switch off their brains. How many panic
hippy stops and crazy swerves do I need to do in two days?! Well I
hippy just couldn't be arsed taking chances tonight, what with
hippy warmed brains AND slippery roads? Caught the
hippy train. Thanks. Done. Good night.

I was all set to go, even had sun block on 'cause I didn't check the
weather when I got up.

Unfortunately, or so I thought at the time, valve went on rear inner
tube when I pumped it up. Riding in with no spare didn't appeal so got
the train. Turns out that was a good thing :-)
--
Cheers
Euan

hippy October 13th 04 11:50 PM

Okay so who's a sooky lala?

"Blah" wrote in message
I feel guilty. Sure, I rode home in knicks and short sleeves on a bare

road
bike (ie. no guards or nuffin'), but then I didn't clean it... It dried

off
in the garage and is now inside slowly oxidising. Weekend job, I

suppose...

Nah it'll just rain again.. I leave the dirt on for
authenticity..

hippy

Resound October 14th 04 02:23 AM

Okay so who's a sooky lala?

"hippy" wrote in message
I am.

I don't mind posts about who went out the longest
in the worst weather with the least clothing ('me' damn
you!) but I thought "bugger it" tonight.
The last few days have seen me come too close to
quite a few large, stupid, metal objects (cars) through
no fault of my own. It seems the warm days cause
drivers to switch off their brains. How many panic
stops and crazy swerves do I need to do in two days?!
Well I just couldn't be arsed taking chances tonight, what
with warmed brains AND slippery roads?
Caught the train. Thanks. Done. Good night.

hippy

It was a trifle wet. I don't know whether there's extra grit on the roads in
the outer 'burbs, but despite the mudguards, after the commute home (Knox
City to Oakleigh for those who care) the raw amount of dirt and general road
crap on my backpack and arse was remarkable. The bike is still filthy, and I
rode in again this morning. I'm a baaaaaaaaaad bike owner.

hippy October 14th 04 02:29 AM

Okay so who's a sooky lala?

"Resound"
It was a trifle wet. I don't know whether there's extra grit on the roads

in
the outer 'burbs, but despite the mudguards, after the commute home (Knox
City to Oakleigh for those who care) the raw amount of dirt and general

road
crap on my backpack and arse was remarkable. The bike is still filthy, and

rode in again this morning. I'm a baaaaaaaaaad bike owner.

Man, I literally had a "pile" of dirt in my bath,
just from squeezing out the sprayed-up road
grit from a wet ride a while back.
I always thought it was the water that made
arm warmers/leg warmers heavy, now I think
it's the kilo of dirt embedded in them! ;-)

hippy

byron27 October 14th 04 02:49 AM

Okay so who's a sooky lala?

hippy Wrote:
"Resound"
It was a trifle wet. I don't know whether there's extra grit on th

road
the outer 'burbs, but despite the mudguards, after the commute hom

(Kno
City to Oakleigh for those who care) the raw amount of dirt an

genera
roa
crap on my backpack and arse was remarkable. The bike is stil

filthy, an

rode in again this morning. I'm a baaaaaaaaaad bike owner

Man, I literally had a "pile" of dirt in my bath
just from squeezing out the sprayed-up roa
grit from a wet ride a while back
I always thought it was the water that mad
arm warmers/leg warmers heavy, now I thin
it's the kilo of dirt embedded in them! ;-

hippy

dirty bikes have more character dont you know!

--
byron2