CycleBanter.com

-   -   Are we catching the US with our obesity (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=255433)

Simon Jester January 31st 18 06:50 PM

Are we catching the US with our obesity

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world...van/ar-BBIukbi

Most cars are designed to carry 5 adults.
Whilst I acknowledge most UK motorists are dangerously overweight and put a totally unnecessary burden on the NHS, even 5 of them weigh less than 1 tonne.
I can only assume this car was built for the US market where 5x800Kg occupants are common.

Simon Jester February 1st 18 09:26 PM

On Thursday, February 1, 2018 at 3:06:41 AM UTC, Colonel Edmund J. Burke wrote:
On 1/31/2018 10:50 AM, Simon Jester wrote:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world...van/ar-BBIukbi

Most cars are designed to carry 5 adults.
Whilst I acknowledge most UK motorists are dangerously overweight and put a totally unnecessary burden on the NHS, even 5 of them weigh less than 1 tonne.
I can only assume this car was built for the US market where 5x800Kg occupants are common.

You limeys will never catch up to the US in anything.
LOL

Losing wars against short men in black pyjamas armed with sticks, for example.

Remind me, what happened to the Boeing 2707?