CycleBanter.com

-   Social Issues (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   How the Typical Mountain Biker Treats Horses and Other TrailUsers (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=199651)

Marz February 3rd 09 03:10 PM

How the Typical Mountain Biker Treats Horses and Other TrailUsers

On Jan 31, 10:09*pm, Mike Vandeman wrote:
\"I have lived in Marin since the 50s and have been riding horses here
since 1962. *I would like to share two of my experiences of why I
believe that horses and bicycles on single track trails are oil and
water. *A few months ago I was riding on the wonderful new trail that
Open Space completed last summer. *I was on a single track, on the
side of a hill and a woman on a bike was bearing down on me quite fast
wearing an ipod. *She was intent on looking where she was going,
gazing at the trail directly infront of her. *I realized she did not
see me and I yelled at the top of my lungs and she could not hear me
because of the ipod. *She finally saw me just before crashing into my
horse. * Last week the same thing happened to me in the almost same
spot. *A biker was coming towards my friend and I *going quite fast,
looking at the trail directly in front of her which I am sure you have
to do so you do not hit rocks or ruts. *It was obvious that she did
not know we were there. *We both yelled at her and she came to a
screecing stop about 30 ft. in front of us. *She was very nice and
apologetic and said, "I'm sorry, I never saw you because the bushes
block my view of the horses." *Two horses weighting 1000 lbs. with
riders perched on top, making them about 7 ft. tall and she couldn't
see us. *I rest my case."

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

More lies from Mike.

Mike Vandeman February 4th 09 02:51 AM

How the Typical Mountain Biker Treats Horses and Other Trail Users

On Tue, 3 Feb 2009 06:10:38 -0800 (PST), Marz
wrote:

[...]

Impossible, since I doidn't write it. LIAR!

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

Marz February 5th 09 03:13 PM

[...]

But you spun it adding your own context making it a lie.

Mike Vandeman February 5th 09 05:17 PM

How the Typical Mountain Biker Treats Horses and Other Trail Users

wrote:

[...]

LIAR.

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande