CycleBanter.com

-   -   Bottom Bracket Size? (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=15854)

AMollitor August 9th 03 06:23 PM

Bottom Bracket Size?

I need a square-taper bottom bracket for a road frame. The diameter is 68, and
the BB shell measures about 69 mm long. I want to use a Shimano 105 7/8 speed
crank.

I'm looking at a Shimano BB-UN73. Are these square (as opposed to splined)?

What length would be appropriate?

Thanks! Al Mollitor, Sharon MA

Huw Pritchard August 9th 03 07:09 PM

Bottom Bracket Size?

On Sat, 09 Aug 2003 17:23:05 +0000, AMollitor did issue forth:

I need a square-taper bottom bracket for a road frame. The diameter is 68,
and the BB shell measures about 69 mm long. I want to use a Shimano 105
7/8 speed crank.

I'm looking at a Shimano BB-UN73. Are these square (as opposed to
splined)?

What length would be appropriate?

Yup, the UN73 is square tapered. Have a look here to find out more about
the spindle length you'll need:

http://www.sheldonbrown.com/bbsize.html#105

From your measurements, it'll be a 68mm shell.

Huw

Qui si parla Campagnolo August 10th 03 02:16 PM

Bottom Bracket Size?

amolitor- I need a square-taper bottom bracket for a road frame. The diameter
is 68, and
the BB shell measures about 69 mm long. I want to use a Shimano 105 7/8 speed
crank. BRBR

shimano BB in length 107mm...english threading...

Like a UN-72/3...

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.