CycleBanter.com

-   Mountain Biking (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   schlump mountain drive (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=181372)

rob[_2_] March 24th 08 05:14 AM

schlump mountain drive

Hi, has anyone seen a setup like on www.steppebysteppe.com.au

i'm curious about getting schlumpf mountain drive to use with a
rohloff speedhud but worried about the torque issues when loaded up on
a steep incline, as i am making a similar vehical to them

thanks

-rob

Paul Boyd[_2_] March 24th 08 10:57 AM

schlump mountain drive

On 24/03/2008 05:14, rob said,
Hi, has anyone seen a setup like on www.steppebysteppe.com.au

i'm curious about getting schlumpf mountain drive to use with a
rohloff speedhud but worried about the torque issues when loaded up on
a steep incline, as i am making a similar vehical to them

Well, I guess I won't find out what that's all about from that website.
That rates as one of the most badly written sites I've seen.

--
Paul Boyd
http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk/

(PeteCresswell) March 25th 08 01:06 AM

schlump mountain drive

Per Somebody Before Paul - whose post never made it to my news
server:
i'm curious about getting schlumpf mountain drive to use with a
rohloff speedhud but worried about the torque issues when loaded up on
a steep incline,

Just out of curiosity, are you looking for more top end or more
bottom end? I'm running a 38-tooth chainwheel that had me spun
out at about 25 mph and can climb just about anything in low
gear. I can see wanting smaller diffs between some of the
higher gears, but can't figure out where more range comes in.
--
PeteCresswell