CycleBanter.com

-   Australia (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Making map tracks for Garmin GPS (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=174338)

Dorfus November 26th 07 01:36 PM

Making map tracks for Garmin GPS

Yayyyyyyy!!!!
I've found the Holy Grail. At last I've worked out how to put my MTB
trails onto maps that are viewable in Mapsource and on my Garmin GPS.

Programs needed are

mapedit.exe

MapSetToolKit.exe

cGPSmapper (runs within MapSetToolKit)

The maps you make can be uploaded to your GPS using Mapsource. I made
mine transparent so they can be seen overlaid on your normal maps.

Good free maps are ShonkyMaps and Tracks4Australia.

Dorf

Artoi November 27th 07 02:33 AM

Making map tracks for Garmin GPS

In article ,
Dorfus wrote:

Yayyyyyyy!!!!
I've found the Holy Grail. At last I've worked out how to put my MTB
trails onto maps that are viewable in Mapsource and on my Garmin GPS.

Programs needed are

mapedit.exe
MapSetToolKit.exe
cGPSmapper (runs within MapSetToolKit)

The maps you make can be uploaded to your GPS using Mapsource. I made
mine transparent so they can be seen overlaid on your normal maps.

Good free maps are ShonkyMaps and Tracks4Australia.

Why didn't you just upload them as tracks? Garmin GPS units can show
tracks.

Dorfus November 27th 07 10:16 AM

Making map tracks for Garmin GPS

Artoi wrote:
In article ,
Dorfus wrote:

Yayyyyyyy!!!!
I've found the Holy Grail. At last I've worked out how to put my MTB
trails onto maps that are viewable in Mapsource and on my Garmin GPS.

Programs needed are

mapedit.exe
MapSetToolKit.exe
cGPSmapper (runs within MapSetToolKit)

The maps you make can be uploaded to your GPS using Mapsource. I made
mine transparent so they can be seen overlaid on your normal maps.

Good free maps are ShonkyMaps and Tracks4Australia.

Why didn't you just upload them as tracks? Garmin GPS units can show
tracks.
--

You're limited to 20 tracks, it's better if you can make them as
permanent tracks on a map. I want to map all the tracks in my area.