CycleBanter.com

-   General (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   New bicycle idea (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=66516)

Bob Marley September 27th 04 03:55 PM

New bicycle idea

Your advice would be much appreciated:

I have an idea for a bicycle transmission. Which person or company
would be the best to approach for development of the concept?

Thanks in advance:)

Bill Sornson September 27th 04 05:57 PM

psycholist wrote:
"Bob Marley" wrote in message
Your advice would be much appreciated:

I have an idea for a bicycle transmission. Which person or
company would be the best to approach for development of the concept?

Thanks in advance:)

Al Gore

YOU HAVE *BETRAYED* THIS NEWSGROUP!!!!!!!!!!!

Bill "spittle upon the monitor now" S.

sunshine_buttercup September 28th 04 06:52 AM

Good choice, considering the work that Mr. Gore contributed to the invention
of the internet, I'm sure that he could be put to good use in the
development of cycling technology.

Mike Schwab September 28th 04 01:15 PM

Mr. Gore did not claim to invent the internet.
He was very early to support research in the budget in Congress.

sunshine_buttercup wrote:

Good choice, considering the work that Mr. Gore contributed to the invention
of the internet, I'm sure that he could be put to good use in the
development of cycling technology.

snip

Hunrobe October 1st 04 12:13 AM

Mike Schwab

wrote:

Mr. Gore did not claim to invent the internet.
He was very early to support research in the budget in Congress.

True. He never claimed to have invented it, just that he was critically
important to its success. g

Regards,
Bob Hunt

Hunrobe October 1st 04 12:15 AM

"Bob Marley"

wrote:

I have an idea for a bicycle transmission. Which person or company
would be the best to approach for development of the concept?

Try

JRKRideau October 1st 04 04:33 PM

"Bob Marley" wrote in message ...
Your advice would be much appreciated:

I have an idea for a bicycle transmission. Which person or company
would be the best to approach for development of the concept?

Thanks in advance:)

You might want to check a couple of bicycling history books and see if
it has already been done. A lot of very clever inventors spent a lot
of time thinking about bicycles in the 1890s and the early 20th C.

New materials, etc, may make your idea pactical now but a quick check
might save you some time and effort. James McGurn's book "On your
bike" might be a good place to look.

John Kane
Perth

FredBillie October 2nd 04 12:58 PM

From: (JRKRideau)
Date: Fri, Oct 1, 2004 10:33 AM
"Bob Marley" wrote in message
Your advice would be much appreciated:

I have an idea for a bicycle transmission. Which person or company
would be the best to approach for development of the concept?

Thanks in advance:)

You might want to check a couple of bicycling history books and see if
it has already been done. A lot of very clever inventors spent a lot
of time thinking about bicycles in the 1890s and the early 20th C.

New materials, etc, may make your idea pactical now but a quick check
might save you some time and effort. James McGurn's book "On your
bike" might be a good place to look.

John Kane
Perth
BRBR

I note that one site had an infinite speed Hub transmission for sale (well,
infinite from the lowest to the highest speed). It was just under $1000.