CycleBanter.com

-   Mountain Biking (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Returning to Mtb after 15 years off (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=185961)

[email protected] May 19th 08 04:55 PM

Returning to Mtb after 15 years off

Hi, I am returning to Mountain Biking after a 15 year, and 70 pound,
layoff. I am looking for a fully suspended bike that will take the
abusr of having a 250 pounder riding on it. Any advice would be
welcome.

Mike Vandeman May 20th 08 04:20 AM

On Mon, 19 May 2008 08:55:24 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Hi, I am returning to Mountain Biking after a 15 year, and 70 pound,
layoff. I am looking for a fully suspended bike that will take the
abusr of having a 250 pounder riding on it. Any advice would be
welcome.

NOTHING will take that kind of abuse. You are better off walking.

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

Ed Pirrero May 20th 08 06:15 AM

On May 19, 8:20 pm, Mike Vandeman wrote:
On Mon, 19 May 2008 08:55:24 -0700 (PDT), wrote:
Hi, I am returning to Mountain Biking after a 15 year, and 70 pound,
layoff. I am looking for a fully suspended bike that will take the
abusr of having a 250 pounder riding on it. Any advice would be
welcome.

NOTHING will take that kind of abuse.

Liar.

There are several full-suspension mountain bikes that can take a 250lb
person.

E.P.