CycleBanter.com

-   Australia (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Lance Armstrong is riding Le Tour this year. (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=111898)

jazmo February 17th 05 05:59 AM

Lance Armstrong is riding Le Tour this year.

Cool!

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?.../feb16newsflas

--
jazmo

cfsmtb February 17th 05 06:35 AM

Lance Armstrong is riding Le Tour this year.

Go Jan! :

--
cfsmtb

jazmo February 17th 05 06:38 AM

Lance Armstrong is riding Le Tour this year.

cfsmtb Wrote:
Go Jan! :p

This actually gives me more incentive to make a trip to Europe thi
year and see some stages of the tour.

If Lance wins - great. If Lance loses to someone else - great. It's al
good.

It wouldn't be as interesting without Lance there IMHO

--
jazmo

Gistane February 17th 05 06:54 AM

Lance Armstrong is riding Le Tour this year.

It would probably be more interesting if he isnt there with some new u
and comings being more competitive so would bring more excitement.

jazmo Wrote:
This actually gives me more incentive to make a trip to Europe this yea
and see some stages of the tour.

If Lance wins - great. If Lance loses to someone else - great. It's al
good.

It wouldn't be as interesting without Lance there IMHO

--
Gistane

Absent Husband February 17th 05 08:06 AM

Lance Armstrong is riding Le Tour this year.

My ideal scenario:

Lance being there (I'm not his biggest fan - but gee I respect his
awesome ability...), and being pushed hard through the whole race by
some of the others (wet dream would be Cadel Evans..... but let's be
realistic....)

That way, we get to see Lance having to go hard through ALL the
mountain stages (instead of just blowing the field apart in 1 or 2, and
going with the field for the other 20 stages)... Might give us more
insight into the neverending Armstrong vs Merckxx debate as well!!

If Lance won both yellow & polka dot, I think he would have a strong
claim to all-time greatest status.....

Cheers,
Absent Husband (who does NOT want to start a Lance vs Eddie debate, but
had to throw his 2 cents in....)

NickZX6R February 17th 05 08:54 AM

Lance Armstrong is riding Le Tour this year.

Absent Husband wrote:
My ideal scenario:

snip

Cheers,
Absent Husband (who does NOT want to start a Lance vs Eddie debate, but
had to throw his 2 cents in....)

troll
Well it's not really a debate is it AH?

It's obvious Merckx was better ;)
/troll

--
Nick

hippy February 17th 05 11:17 AM

Lance Armstrong is riding Le Tour this year.

jazmo wrote:
Cool!
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?...feb16newsflash

Geez.. Lance.. get a life! (you too hippy! ;))

I wanna see him attempt the hour record and do the Giro and come here
for the TDU. I'm bored watching him in the TDF..

hippy

hippy February 17th 05 11:20 AM

jazmo wrote:
This actually gives me more incentive to make a trip to Europe this
year and see some stages of the tour.

You gonna go? I just booked tix for London flight in April.
Assuming I have money left in July (it is July right?) I'll probably
head over there! Oooh.. exciting stuff!!! :)

Would you go as an organised tour or solo?

Any particular stages?

hippy

oely February 17th 05 11:47 AM

Gistane Wrote:
It would probably be more interesting if he isnt there with some new u
and comings being more competitive so would bring more excitement.

I agree, the Tour cept for 2003 has been rather boring. Needs to mov
on from the Lance domination and be exciting. No one ever even attack
him. The two guys (Vino and Mayo) that did in 2003 were basicall
injured for the 2004 race. I just hope the competition turns u
prepared to race this year.

The Giro looks to be the real interesting GT of this year, with Bass
and Cunego going at it

--
oely

oely February 17th 05 11:56 AM

Absent Husband Wrote:
My ideal scenario:

Lance being there (I'm not his biggest fan - but gee I respect his
awesome ability...), and being pushed hard through the whole race by
some of the others (wet dream would be Cadel Evans..... but let's be
realistic....)

That way, we get to see Lance having to go hard through ALL the
mountain stages (instead of just blowing the field apart in 1 or 2
and
going with the field for the other 20 stages)... Might give us more
insight into the neverending Armstrong vs Merckxx debate as well!!

If Lance won both yellow & polka dot, I think he would have a strong
claim to all-time greatest status.....

Cheers,
Absent Husband (who does NOT want to start a Lance vs Eddie debate
but
had to throw his 2 cents in....)

I think there is only 3 real mountain stages this year. With that i
mind its possible Evans (and any other pretenders please turn up i
peak condition) could at least stick with the front groups, thoug
there is nothing much in the way of helpers for him. Mario Aerts o
even Merkx maybe. I dont see much changing though, Discovery´s tea
will be even stronger this year with Savoldelli and Popyvich added.

I dont think winning the polka dot means that much, I think (haven
look up the stats) but Armstrong could of won the jersey before i
Virenque did not do his insane all day breakaways. (not meaning t
turn this into a debate

--
oely