CycleBanter.com

-   -   PING Pounder (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=255543)

[email protected] February 27th 18 08:04 PM

PING Pounder

Looks like I have got a job analysing boiler waters near Withernsea and they said it would suit a retired chemist as it is only 4h a week for one year.. They said age did not matter as long as I know what I am doing. Then, once I am in a job I can move on with my life at last!

Mr Pounder Esquire February 27th 18 08:26 PM

PING Pounder

wrote:
Looks like I have got a job analysing boiler waters near Withernsea
and they said it would suit a retired chemist as it is only 4h a week
for one year. They said age did not matter as long as I know what I
am doing. Then, once I am in a job I can move on with my life at
last!

I have always wished you the best and you know that.
But 4 hours per week?
Perhaps you made a typo?

Peter Keller[_3_] February 28th 18 10:35 AM

PING Pounder

On 28/02/18 09:26, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
wrote:
Looks like I have got a job analysing boiler waters near Withernsea
and they said it would suit a retired chemist as it is only 4h a week
for one year. They said age did not matter as long as I know what I
am doing. Then, once I am in a job I can move on with my life at
last!

I have always wished you the best and you know that.
But 4 hours per week?
Perhaps you made a typo?

That is a reasonable amount of time for anyone to work, to get the
necessities of life, such as a bicycle.

[email protected] February 28th 18 02:30 PM

PING Pounder

On Tuesday, February 27, 2018 at 8:26:31 PM UTC, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
wrote:
Looks like I have got a job analysing boiler waters near Withernsea
and they said it would suit a retired chemist as it is only 4h a week
for one year. They said age did not matter as long as I know what I
am doing. Then, once I am in a job I can move on with my life at
last!

I have always wished you the best and you know that.

Cheers.

But 4 hours per week?
Perhaps you made a typo?

Nope - that is why it is almost a dead cert as it suits someone who can start now, instead of a young person currently in work. I have already passed 2 phone interviews, I told them the money does not matter and now it is up to the head honcho. Once I am in work, then I might be able to get another one to fill the other 4 days.

Mr Pounder Esquire[_4_] February 28th 18 06:59 PM

PING Pounder

wrote:
On Tuesday, February 27, 2018 at 8:26:31 PM UTC, Mr Pounder Esquire
Looks like I have got a job analysing boiler waters near Withernsea
and they said it would suit a retired chemist as it is only 4h a
week for one year. They said age did not matter as long as I know
what I am doing. Then, once I am in a job I can move on with my
life at last!

I have always wished you the best and you know that.

Cheers.

But 4 hours per week?
Perhaps you made a typo?

Nope - that is why it is almost a dead cert as it suits someone who
can start now, instead of a young person currently in work. I have
already passed 2 phone interviews, I told them the money does not
matter and now it is up to the head honcho. Once I am in work, then I
might be able to get another one to fill the other 4 days.

I'm sorry to say this Simon, they will use you as cheap labour.
But, good luck anyway.

[email protected] February 28th 18 07:28 PM

PING Pounder

On Wednesday, February 28, 2018 at 6:59:49 PM UTC, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

I'm sorry to say this Simon, they will use you as cheap labour.
But, good luck anyway.

+1

Peter Keller[_3_] March 1st 18 10:41 AM

PING Pounder

On 01/03/18 07:59, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
wrote:
[...]

So you agree that a bicycle is a very reasonable cheap means of transport.

Peter Keller[_3_] March 2nd 18 10:18 AM

PING Pounder

wrote:
Looks like I have got a job analysing boiler waters near Withernsea
and they said it would suit a retired chemist as it is only 4h a week
for one year. They said age did not matter as long as I know what I
am doing. Then, once I am in a job I can move on with my life at
last!

I have always wished you the best and you know that.
But 4 hours per week?
Perhaps you made a typo?

That is a reasonable amount of time for anyone to work, to get the
necessities of life, such as a bicycle.

So you agree that a bicycle is a great means of transport which does not
cost a lot.

Judith[_4_] March 4th 18 11:33 AM

PING Pounder

On Tue, 27 Feb 2018 12:04:03 -0800 (PST), wrote:

Looks like I have got a job analysing boiler waters near Withernsea and they said it would suit a retired chemist as it is only 4h a week for one year. They said age did not matter as long as I know what I am doing. Then, once I am in a job I can move on with my life at last!

Good news - best of luck with it.