CycleBanter.com

-   -   Fake dash cam videos (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=256072)

Simon Jester July 2nd 18 02:52 PM

Fake dash cam videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h91JIlfLxoo
1:12 - 1:21

Rob Morley July 10th 18 04:06 PM

Fake dash cam videos

On Mon, 2 Jul 2018 06:52:53 -0700 (PDT)
Simon Jester wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h91JIlfLxoo
1:12 - 1:21

The thing that strikes me about those is that maybe half the people who
posted them were themselves demonstrating incompetence and ignorance of
traffic law.

TMS320 July 10th 18 05:23 PM

Fake dash cam videos

Simon Jester wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h91JIlfLxoo
1:12 - 1:21

The thing that strikes me about those is that maybe half the people who
posted them were themselves demonstrating incompetence and ignorance of
traffic law.

One comment:-
"You know what I find amazing, that some of the drivers of these
dashcams are terrible at anticipating hazards."

Not just hazards. Some people manage to make a meal out of some
perfectly ordinary situations.

Simon Jester July 10th 18 05:32 PM

Fake dash cam videos

Simon Jester wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h91JIlfLxoo
1:12 - 1:21

The thing that strikes me about those is that maybe half the people who
posted them were themselves demonstrating incompetence and ignorance of
traffic law.

One comment:-
"You know what I find amazing, that some of the drivers of these
dashcams are terrible at anticipating hazards."

Not just hazards. Some people manage to make a meal out of some
perfectly ordinary situations.

You may be right but in this case we have clear evidence of a motorvehicleist driving on a pavement and seriously endangering the life of a pedestrian..
According to some posters this never happens.

Rob Morley July 10th 18 10:18 PM

Fake dash cam videos

On Tue, 10 Jul 2018 17:23:34 +0100
TMS320 wrote:

One comment:-
"You know what I find amazing, that some of the drivers of these
dashcams are terrible at anticipating hazards."

Not just hazards. Some people manage to make a meal out of some
perfectly ordinary situations.

Indeed - just go a bit slower and leave more room and watch what other
road users are doing. Although I had occasion to use the horn and
shout abuse yesterday, at the woman in a SUV who was stationary on a
roundabout and occupying two lanes, one of which was otherwise clear
and the way I wanted to go. I'm not sure if she was oblivious,
unaware of the size of her vehicle, or just one of those "if I'm stuck
in traffic then **** everyone else" characters.

Which reminds me - a few days ago I was beeped and aggressively
overtaken by someone while negotiating traffic at a junction on the way
into town - when I inevitably caught up moments later (heavy traffic
and multiple lights and junctions) and asked her what the problem was
she told me that I should be on the cycle path, not in the road. I
truly felt that I had arrived as a proper urban cyclist, nobody has
ever said that to me before. I advised her to study the Highway Code
before leaving her stuck in a queue and proceeding to my destination,
where I had no difficulty parking right outside. I expect she'd made
it to the next set of lights by then. :-)