CycleBanter.com

-   -   cycling vacation in Mexico (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=255864)

AMuzi May 13th 18 02:32 PM

cycling vacation in Mexico

https://nypost.com/2018/05/12/cyclin...o-authorities/

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

Sepp Ruf May 13th 18 04:45 PM

cycling vacation in Kansas (was: cycling vacation in Mexico)

AMuzi wrote:
https://nypost.com/2018/05/12/cyclin...o-authorities/

They should have safely stayed in the USA!

Retirement abruptly ended while cycling the boring Route 66:
http://www.joplinglobe.com/news/driver-victims-in-fatal-cherokee-county-crash-identified/article_ff338fd6-5491-11e8-b764-eb567788650d.html

Tourists thought they were well-equipped and experienced, but little did
they know a 23-year old American (Alyssa Parker ... an Assitant Funeral
Director?) would drive worse at 11 a.m. than Elvis Presley on barbiturates.
http://static1.fnp.de/storage/image/9/4/5/5/2155549_cms2image-fixed-605x320_1qTx-f_y0e4xs.jpg
https://www.adfc-badnauheim-friedberg.de/pic/Bilder/pic5af59ae508aa1.jpg

With a jury consisting of John, Joerg and Scharfie, it might be ruled a
double suicide: They didn't use the road's shoulder, appear not to have
used rearview mirrors, their calves were at best slightly pink-colored, not
fluoro or merbromin orange, and, worst of all, they didn't use Joerg &
Scharfie approved extra bright safety flashers!

--
Famous last sentences:
"My Spanish gets better every day and so the conversations with locals start

!Jones[_10_] May 29th 18 04:18 PM

cycling vacation in Mexico

x-no-idiots: yes

On Sun, 13 May 2018 08:32:39 -0500, in rec.bicycles.tech AMuzi
wrote:

https://nypost.com/2018/05/12/cyclin...o-authorities/

I love Mexico! My heart bleeds for the country. We, in the US, bear
some of the fault; we buy their dope and sell them guns.

At this point in time and in the forseeable future, I would not travel
by bicycle in Mexico except (possibly) in a sponsored and supported
tour... and I *hate* tours! The level of danger is simply
unacceptable for an intelligent person. You may as well bicycle in
Afghanistan!

I dislike war zones and I fear that Mexico is now one of these.

Jones

--
Quod si non verum est, non dicere est.