CycleBanter.com

-   -   Regarding recumbents (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=78589)

Another group member November 19th 04 05:09 PM

Regarding recumbents

Hello,
Someone mentioned recumbents might help with my spinal trouble. Yes I did
buy one following a great deal of advice-some from on here! I ended up in
hospital. It was not suited to my Stenosis I am ver sorry to say.
I lost some money as you can imagine. I mostly do lose money.
All the best,
John.

--

http://www.pbase.com/john28july

JohnB November 19th 04 05:12 PM

Another group member wrote:

Hello,
Someone mentioned recumbents might help with my spinal trouble. Yes I did
buy one following a great deal of advice-some from on here! I ended up in
hospital. It was not suited to my Stenosis I am ver sorry to say.

What did you buy and why didn't it work?
It must have been *very* unsuitable if you ended up in hosp.

I lost some money as you can imagine. I mostly do lose money.

John B

Andy Leighton November 19th 04 05:30 PM

On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 17:12:37 +0000, JohnB wrote:
Another group member wrote:

Hello,
Someone mentioned recumbents might help with my spinal trouble. Yes I did
buy one following a great deal of advice-some from on here! I ended up in
hospital. It was not suited to my Stenosis I am ver sorry to say.

What did you buy and why didn't it work?
It must have been *very* unsuitable if you ended up in hosp.

Also where did you buy it from? Some places might have arranged to hire
you one for a day to see if you got on with it if you had explained the
situation.

--
Andy Leighton =
- Robert Rankin, _They Came And Ate Us_

James Annan November 19th 04 11:23 PM

Another group member wrote:

Hello,
Someone mentioned recumbents might help with my spinal trouble. Yes I did
buy one following a great deal of advice-some from on here! I ended up in
hospital. It was not suited to my Stenosis I am ver sorry to say.
I lost some money as you can imagine. I mostly do lose money.
All the best,

I'm wondering if you have ever met Andy Horton.

I was lucky with my slipped disk - cycling seemed to ease the pain, and
it slowly started to recover of its own accord just as soon as the
doctor started talking about operations....stretching ("7 steps to a
pain-free life") was useful habit for me. Bottom-posting is also a
useful habit.

James
by treading on the toes of giants.

Clive George November 20th 04 12:47 AM

"James Annan" wrote in message
Another group member wrote:

Hello,
Someone mentioned recumbents might help with my spinal trouble. Yes I

did
buy one following a great deal of advice-some from on here! I ended up

in
hospital. It was not suited to my Stenosis I am ver sorry to say.
I lost some money as you can imagine. I mostly do lose money.
All the best,

I'm wondering if you have ever met Andy Horton.

chortle!

cheers,
clive

Helen Deborah Vecht November 20th 04 02:39 AM

James Annan typed

Another group member wrote:

Hello,
Someone mentioned recumbents might help with my spinal trouble. Yes I did
buy one following a great deal of advice-some from on here! I ended up in
hospital. It was not suited to my Stenosis I am ver sorry to say.
I lost some money as you can imagine. I mostly do lose money.
All the best,

I'm wondering if you have ever met Andy Horton.

I was lucky with my slipped disk - cycling seemed to ease the pain, and
it slowly started to recover of its own accord just as soon as the
doctor started talking about operations....stretching ("7 steps to a
pain-free life") was useful habit for me. Bottom-posting is also a
useful habit.

Yebbut spinal stenosis gets worse with time. It's a right bu**er to
diagnose, rare, amenable to *major* surgery, a right PITA so to speak.

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.

Another group member November 20th 04 08:40 AM

--
http://www.pbase.com/john28july

"Helen Deborah Vecht" wrote in message
James Annan typed

Another group member wrote:

[...]

At least someone understands the particular problem.Thank you.
Best regards,
John

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.

[Not Responding] November 20th 04 08:48 AM

On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 08:23:54 +0900, James Annan
wrote:

Another group member wrote:

Hello,
Someone mentioned recumbents might help with my spinal trouble. Yes I did
buy one following a great deal of advice-some from on here! I ended up in
hospital. It was not suited to my Stenosis I am ver sorry to say.
I lost some money as you can imagine. I mostly do lose money.
All the best,

I'm wondering if you have ever met Andy Horton.

Is ucuk still up and running? Does AH still post or did his luck
finally run out?

Toby Sleigh November 20th 04 10:29 AM

wrote:

Another group member wrote:

Hello,
Someone mentioned recumbents might help with my spinal trouble. Yes I
did
buy one following a great deal of advice-some from on here! I ended up
in
hospital. It was not suited to my Stenosis I am ver sorry to say.
I lost some money as you can imagine. I mostly do lose money.
All the best,

I'm wondering if you have ever met Andy Horton.

Is ucuk still up and running?

Yes
Does AH still post
Yes
or did his luck
finally run out?

five serious at last count.
But give the guy credit he makes Shoreham sound so exciting.

Toby