CycleBanter.com

-   General (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   "Chain" Thread Search (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=61344)

Roy Zipris August 12th 04 12:55 PM

"Chain" Thread Search

Not long ago, there was a "chain" thread that included a post that
linked to a photo of a Wippermann chain showing the correct
orientation, as I recall. The idea was that some links, like the
connex, had to be installed facing the proper direction. I've looked
for that thread but can't find it. Would someone please steer me in
the right direction, or provide the information/link anew? Thanks.
--Roy Zipris

Brendon M. Troy August 12th 04 03:27 PM

"Chain" Thread Search

"Roy Zipris" wrote
Not long ago, there was a "chain" thread that included a post that
linked to a photo of a Wippermann chain showing the correct
orientation, as I recall. The idea was that some links, like the
connex, had to be installed facing the proper direction. I've looked
for that thread but can't find it. Would someone please steer me in
the right direction, or provide the information/link anew? Thanks.
--Roy Zipris

Google groups has archives of most Usenet posts. Since you're posting
from google groups, shouldn't you have known that? Anyhow, it's probably
one of these threads:

http://tinyurl.com/5z4hs

-Brendon

Zog The Undeniable August 14th 04 09:05 AM

"Chain" Thread Search

Roy Zipris wrote:

Not long ago, there was a "chain" thread that included a post that
linked to a photo of a Wippermann chain showing the correct
orientation, as I recall. The idea was that some links, like the
connex, had to be installed facing the proper direction. I've looked
for that thread but can't find it. Would someone please steer me in
the right direction, or provide the information/link anew? Thanks.

If this is a 1/8" track/utility bike chain, the closed end of the master
link goes towards the front (in the direction of travel of the chain).