CycleBanter.com

-   General (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   A small miracle (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=261442)

Joy Beeson April 21st 21 12:25 AM

A small miracle

https://www.timesunioneedition.com/W...e-Edition/7A/#

Today's Times-Union has a filler ad on page 7A that gives safety rules
for bike riding.

Under a logo of the yellow diamond-shaped "Share the Road" sign, there
is a list:

boldWhen Riding Always:/bold
-Go With the Traffic Flow. Ride on the right in the same direction as
other vehicles
-Obey All Traffic Laws. A bicycle is a vehicle and you are a driver
-Yield to Traffic When Appropriate
-Be Predictable
-Stay Alert at All Times
-Look Before Turning
-Watch for Parked Cars

centered signature

A Message From The
Times [logo] Union

/centered signature

[I substituted -s for the bullets]

Note the total lack of FOB's essential and only possible safety rule:
"Wear a symbolic hat shaped somewhat like a helmet."

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at centurylink dot net

Frank Krygowski[_4_] April 21st 21 06:25 PM

A small miracle

On 4/20/2021 7:25 PM, Joy Beeson wrote:

[...]

Nice!

I keep hoping for PSA messages directed at motorists, too.

--
- Frank Krygowski

Joy Beeson April 22nd 21 03:12 AM

A small miracle

On Wed, 21 Apr 2021 13:25:26 -0400, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

I keep hoping for PSA messages directed at motorists, too.

They had one the day before, I believe.

Frank Krygowski[_4_] April 22nd 21 03:19 AM

A small miracle

wrote:

I keep hoping for PSA messages directed at motorists, too.

They had one the day before, I believe.

Good!

--
- Frank Krygowski

NFN Smith[_2_] April 22nd 21 06:00 PM

A small miracle

wrote:

I keep hoping for PSA messages directed at motorists, too.

They had one the day before, I believe.

General motoring safety, or directions on how to interact with cyclists?

Smith

Joy Beeson April 24th 21 01:50 AM

A small miracle

On Thu, 22 Apr 2021 10:00:41 -0700, NFN Smith
wrote:

General motoring safety, or directions on how to interact with cyclists?

Trying to check, I found one on pedestrians, with a general remark
addressed to drivers, follwed by a request that both be "more
observant, cautious, and safe":

https://www.timesunioneedition.com/W...e-Edition/5A/#

A little farther back I came across a reminder that you aren't
supposed to accelerate around a stopped schoolbus and mow down three
innocent little children:

https://www.timesunioneedition.com/W...e-Edition/4B/#

and the schoolbus ad ran again the day before yesterday, but nothing
on driving safely; I must have mis-remembered.

pearlvibe January 5th 24 04:38 AM

LOL, I know right? That list seems to miss the most crucial safety rule - wearing a helmet! Though I guess we can't expect the Times-Union to cover all the bases. Still, safety should be priority one when biking.

Which reminds me - safety and pleasure should also be top concerns in the bedroom! That's why I recommend this sweet new toy I found. It's a male masturbator with blowjob simulators 10 vibration modes and 42 temperature settings for insane solo thrills. Plus it has a phone holder so you can enjoy hands-free fun and really immerse yourself.

I'm telling ya, this bad boy takes self-pleasure to new heights! It's made of premium silicone, charges by USB, and is whisper quiet thanks to the soundproof cotton. And it even comes with a discreet box to respect your privacy. Seems they really thought of everything!

So if anyone out there wants to take their alone time to the next level, I'd say grab one of these masturbators. Your bike may not come with a helmet, but this handy device has got your back! Ride safe and enjoy the ride, folks!