CycleBanter.com

-   Australia (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   slippery saddle? (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=243489)

Trent W. Buck February 8th 14 09:20 AM

slippery saddle?

So last week I noticed I had (somehow) managed to shear through one of
the rails of my Brooks B67 saddle.

Today, I replaced it with a brand new B67. The first one came with the
bike, and presumably had seen a few bums for test rides in the shop.

I knew the new one would need some wearing in, but what surprised me is
that it's *slippery*.

Is that normal? Will it fix itself over time?
Can/should I do anything about it?
(I probably won't; inertia is my favourite pastime.)

Zebee Johnstone February 8th 14 10:31 AM

slippery saddle?

In aus.bicycle on Sat, 08 Feb 2014 20:20:42 +1100
Trent W. Buck wrote:
So last week I noticed I had (somehow) managed to shear through one of
the rails of my Brooks B67 saddle.

Today, I replaced it with a brand new B67. The first one came with the
bike, and presumably had seen a few bums for test rides in the shop.

I knew the new one would need some wearing in, but what surprised me is
that it's *slippery*.

Is that normal? Will it fix itself over time?
Can/should I do anything about it?
(I probably won't; inertia is my favourite pastime.)

My old B67 has a textured surface, the new (unwanted) B17 does not and
was slippery.

Zebee

news13 February 9th 14 12:21 AM

slippery saddle?

On Sat, 08 Feb 2014 20:20:42 +1100, Trent W. Buck wrote:

So last week I noticed I had (somehow) managed to shear through one of
the rails of my Brooks B67 saddle.

Somehow, Brooks keepp shipping the occassional(?) shoddy rails. I did two
in 88 ring up Cape York. Thankfully it was just a matter of having a
spare posted ahead to the next major location. Never had the problem
since.