CycleBanter.com

-   Mountain Biking (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Ingenious Way to Stop Bike Thieves! (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=69903)

Jestrada November 24th 04 09:53 PM

Ingenious Way to Stop Bike Thieves!

"Verdra H. Ciretop" wrote:
Source with photos: http://www.geocities.com/verdrahciretop/invisibike.html

BELL LAUNCHES INGENIOUS BICYCLE ANTI-THEFT PRODUCT

That article is hilarious! I loved the last part about "you have to
see it to believe it!" And I almost wet myself looking at those last
pictures!

bri719 November 24th 04 10:02 PM

Jestrada wrote:

That article is hilarious! I loved the last part about "you have to
see it to believe it!" And I almost wet myself looking at those last
pictures!

umm...yeah.

--

* enjoying the karma *
remove LKJSDFJSD from address to email

B i l l S o r n s o n November 25th 04 12:09 AM

Jestrada wrote:
"Verdra H. Ciretop" wrote:
Source with photos:
http://www.geocities.com/verdrahciretop/invisibike.html

BELL LAUNCHES INGENIOUS BICYCLE ANTI-THEFT PRODUCT

That article is hilarious! I loved the last part about "you have to
see it to believe it!" And I almost wet myself looking at those last
pictures!

Umm, you wet WAY too easily.

{Avoiding filthy joke opportunities o' plenty}
--
BS (no, really)

Stephen Baker November 25th 04 03:37 AM

Sorni says:

{Avoiding filthy joke opportunities o' plenty}

Is this kind of Thanksgiving vow, or has the leopard changed his spots? ;-P

Steve

B i l l S o r n s o n November 25th 04 03:58 AM

Stephen Baker wrote:
Sorni says:

{Avoiding filthy joke opportunities o' plenty}

Is this kind of Thanksgiving vow, or has the leopard changed his
spots? ;-P

Turkey.

Happy TG, SB -- may your giblets stay safe 'n warm!

--
I watch what I eat.
How else can I stab it to death?

[email protected] November 25th 04 07:13 AM

Looks like what I did while working in Hartford CT for
6 months back in 95. During a freezing rain storm I had to blow on the
lock key holes to melt the ice to insert the keys. A USPS box makes a
nice locking fixture.

I MTB 2004

TBF::. November 25th 04 02:20 PM

wrote in message
Looks like what I did while working in Hartford CT for
6 months back in 95. During a freezing rain storm I had to blow on the
lock key holes to melt the ice to insert the keys. A USPS box makes a
nice locking fixture.

I MTB 2004

Winters are brutal in Conn. my lock holes used to freeze up especially after
driving into Hartford on I-95 with that cross-wind action.

Stephen Baker November 25th 04 04:21 PM

TBF says:

Winters are brutal in Conn. my lock holes used to freeze up especially after
driving into Hartford on I-95 with that cross-wind action.

I hope you meant I-91 ;-P

Long walk from 95...

Steve "prefers Route 2"

B i l l S o r n s o n November 25th 04 04:44 PM

Someone on my local ride list posted a link to a short film showing guys
overtly stealing THEIR OWN bikes in NYC, and no one questioned them. (One
guy at end even helps!) They used hack saws, cable cutters, even a friggin'
TORCH, and the police vehicle drove right by...

If you like your bike, then never leave it out of your sight for longer than
:38 secs...
--
BS (no, really)

Shane Maven November 25th 04 05:58 PM

"B i l l S o r n s o n" wrote in message
Someone on my local ride list posted a link to a short film showing guys
overtly stealing THEIR OWN bikes in NYC, and no one questioned them. (One
guy at end even helps!) They used hack saws, cable cutters, even a

friggin'
TORCH, and the police vehicle drove right by...

Wow...crazy...don't leave us in suspense...do you have the link for us? I
wanna see that vid!