CycleBanter.com

-   -   Sources for Compression Handlbar Endcaps (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=95624)

App July 14th 05 02:11 PM

Sources for Compression Handlbar Endcaps

Tired of losing these damn things every time I lay my bike on the
ground or crash (which seems to be more frequent these days).

Anyone know of a good source? bikepro has them but 16.99/pr? I
suppose, if I have to, but any other sources out there?

TIA

App

GaryG July 14th 05 02:22 PM

Sources for Compression Handlbar Endcaps

"App" wrote in message
oups.com...
Tired of losing these damn things every time I lay my bike on the
ground or crash (which seems to be more frequent these days).

Anyone know of a good source? bikepro has them but 16.99/pr? I
suppose, if I have to, but any other sources out there?

TIA

App

My LBS gives them to me for free (but I'm a pretty good customer).

GG

[email protected] July 14th 05 03:58 PM

App wrote:
Tired of losing these damn things every time I lay my bike on the
ground or crash (which seems to be more frequent these days).

Anyone know of a good source? bikepro has them but 16.99/pr? I
suppose, if I have to, but any other sources out there?

http://harriscyclery.net/site/itemdetails.cfm?ID=420

Velox bar plugs are still made. Nashbar had a copy but its not on
their website now. In the catalog its in the handlebar accessories
section. A local bike shop sells the Velox for $0.99 each. The shop
has them in the BMX and mountain bike section.

Andy M-S July 14th 05 08:07 PM

Sources for Compression Handlbar Endcaps

Wallingford (www.wallbike.com) has them for $4/pr.