CycleBanter.com

-   -   Large water bottle holder for 3.5 inch diameter bottle (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=258042)

AK[_2_] September 4th 19 02:29 AM

Large water bottle holder for 3.5 inch diameter bottle

I am trying to find a bottle holder than can accommodate a bottle that is 3.5 inches in diameter.

Not having any luck.

Andy

AMuzi September 4th 19 03:02 AM

On 9/3/2019 8:29 PM, AK wrote:
I am trying to find a bottle holder than can accommodate a bottle that is 3.5 inches in diameter.

Not having any luck.

Andy

Look at drink holders for ATV offroad vehicles maybe.

Bicycle water bottles and holders are relatively
standardized to the original TA/Coloral format.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

news18 September 4th 19 03:30 AM

On Tue, 03 Sep 2019 18:29:20 -0700, AK wrote:

I am trying to find a bottle holder than can accommodate a bottle that
is 3.5 inches in diameter.

Not having any luck.

What do you want to carry?
A long time ago, I purchased a large bottle and carrier combo. I don't
know if it is 3.5",but it was certainly larger then the standard
waterbottle.

Andy

AK[_2_] September 4th 19 04:36 AM

On Tuesday, September 3, 2019 at 9:30:42 PM UTC-5, news18 wrote:
On Tue, 03 Sep 2019 18:29:20 -0700, AK wrote:

I am trying to find a bottle holder than can accommodate a bottle that
is 3.5 inches in diameter.

Not having any luck.

What do you want to carry?
A long time ago, I purchased a large bottle and carrier combo. I don't
know if it is 3.5",but it was certainly larger then the standard
waterbottle.

Andy

Water.

Today I found and bought a 30 oz. stainless steel insulated bottle for $8.

Andy

AK[_2_] September 4th 19 04:40 AM

On Tuesday, September 3, 2019 at 9:02:12 PM UTC-5, AMuzi wrote:
On 9/3/2019 8:29 PM, AK wrote:
I am trying to find a bottle holder than can accommodate a bottle that is 3.5 inches in diameter.

Not having any luck.

Andy

Look at drink holders for ATV offroad vehicles maybe.

Bicycle water bottles and holders are relatively
standardized to the original TA/Coloral format.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

Waterford's incomparable R-33 at 18 lbs. is very impressive.

:-)

Andy

Jeff Liebermann September 4th 19 05:12 AM

Large water bottle holder for 3.5 inch diameter bottle

On Tue, 3 Sep 2019 18:29:20 -0700 (PDT), AK
wrote:

I am trying to find a bottle holder than can accommodate
a bottle that is 3.5 inches in diameter.
Not having any luck.

Think metric. 3.5 inches = 89 mm

The third URL seems to be the most productive:
https://www.google.com/search?q=large+bicycle+water+bottle+cage
https://www.google.com/search?q=oversized+bicycle+water+bottle+cage
https://www.google.com/search?q=89mm+bicycle+water+bottle+cage

Photo searches are also useful if you're looking for a particular
style:
https://www.google.com/search?q=89mm+bicycle+water+bottle+cage&tbm=isch

This list looks like a good start, but seems to be lacking in
dimensions:
https://bikepacking.com/index/oversized-bottle-cages-for-bike-touring/

Bingo:
https://www.cyclingabout.com/cargo-cages-anything-cages-oversized-bottle-cages/
The maximum capacity for almost all oversized cages is 1.5L
(52oz). There’s a standard diameter for bottles of this
capacity (89mm / 3.5 in) that allows them to fit soft
drink, Nalgene and many stainless steel bottles.

This might be of interest:
"Topeak Modula XL Bidon Cage Owner Review"
https://aushiker.com/topeak-modula-xl-bidon-cage-owner-review/

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D

Ralph Barone[_4_] September 4th 19 05:27 AM

news18 wrote:
On Tue, 03 Sep 2019 18:29:20 -0700, AK wrote:

I am trying to find a bottle holder than can accommodate a bottle that
is 3.5 inches in diameter.

Not having any luck.

What do you want to carry?
A long time ago, I purchased a large bottle and carrier combo. I don't
know if it is 3.5",but it was certainly larger then the standard
waterbottle.

Andy

Something like this, perhaps?
https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/...2/rp-prod68036

AK[_2_] September 4th 19 02:32 PM

wrote:

[...]

I thought this would be perfect until I measured the diameter of the cap.

https://imgur.com/a/BgvoiMh