CycleBanter.com

-   Unicycling (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   UDC product descriptions confusing me (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=198973)

dudewithasock January 11th 09 06:26 AM

UDC product descriptions confusing me

Basically, I want to buy a new frame for 2006 20" Qu-ax trials uni, and
don't want to fork out the money for a KH frame. I decided the Nimbus 2
will be fine for me, buuut...

'This one' (http://unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=1073) says it
will fit an ISIS wheelset down in the specs...

And 'this one' (http://unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=1076), the
same brand and model, has no real specs, but says it is made for ISIS
hubs...

I have to wonder if the colored set will work with a non-ISIS hub,
cause I really want a tacky colored frame.

Thoughts? Advice? :confused:

--
dudewithasock

'My Unicycling Journal'
officially ended.
:cool:

spazdude222 wrote:
Doing good doesn't make you good any more than doing a girl makes you a
girl.

pedrotejada January 11th 09 06:32 AM

dudewithasock;1168543 wrote:
Basically, I want to buy a new frame for 2006 20" Qu-ax trials uni, and
don't want to fork out the money for a KH frame. I decided the Nimbus 2
will be fine for me, buuut...

'This one' (http://unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=1073) says it
will fit an ISIS wheelset down in the specs...

And 'this one' (http://unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=1076), the
same brand and model, has no real specs, but says it is made for ISIS
hubs...

I have to wonder if the colored set will work with a non-ISIS hub,
cause I really want a tacky colored frame.

Thoughts? Advice? :confused:

Man I believe that both are the same frame, only poweder coated. If
not, probably it will fit a non isis wheelset if the distance between
the bearings is the same as a KH Hub (100mm), and the bearing is 42mm.

I can't see why the frame would not fit your wheelset if your setup
have the same sizes as an ISIS!

--
pedrotejada

'*Kris Holm Unicycles*' (http://www.krisholm.com)

'*Unicycle.com.br*' (http://www.unicycle.com.br/)

*Brazilian Unicycling Team*

wickedbob January 11th 09 06:34 AM

UDC product descriptions confusing me

He's not sure since he has an old qu-ax hub. It'll work. I think qu-ax
has 42mm, even older ones. Still, you can use some pop cans or an old
inner tube, both work fine. I rode a unicycle like that for months.

--
wickedbob

R.I.P MITCH HEDBERG
'Add wickedbob to your ignore list' (http://tinyurl.com/3dfrko).
Help to keep JC all Billy, all the time. Do your part, resurrect and
use his threads. BTM FTW.
My posts don't count they came from MR...would they matter anyways?

dudewithasock January 11th 09 06:41 AM

UDC product descriptions confusing me

http://unicycle.com/Shopping/shopexd.asp?id=844

That's my hub, so yeah the bearings are fine. Just not sure on the
distance between them.

I guess I'll take my chances, the Nimbus frames are at least nice and
cheap. I think the bright green will go well with the black and yellow
color scheme.

--
dudewithasock

'My Unicycling Journal'