CycleBanter.com

-   Marketplace (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Phoney Checks (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=222990)

Tom Kunich November 19th 10 01:10 AM

Phoney Checks

It would be very difficult to find better riding weather than there's been
for the last month or so. Too bad I can't ride anymore since the medicine
I'm taking makes me dizzy and screws up my balance.

While advertising my bike for sale on one of the lists some nutjob sent me a
check for twice the amount I was asking and figured I'd be too stupid to
know it was a fake.

Be aware that people can easily fake Cashier's Checks these days and never
turn over anything BEFORE the bank accepts your check and it HAS GONE
THROUGH.

Since I was in retail sales I've always understood that but some people
don't.

mischastar November 19th 10 12:54 PM

Luckily you were savvy enough to see it for the exmaple of uber cheeky fakery that it was. I hate cheques anyhoo.

I hope you're feeling better and that whatever medication you are on, the benefits are worth not being able to ride anymore.