CycleBanter.com

-   -   Floating Yahara trail opens (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=254602)

Doug Landau August 28th 17 11:15 PM

Floating Yahara trail opens

http://host.madison.com/wsj/news/loc...9ed31bc57.html

AMuzi August 29th 17 12:03 AM

Floating Yahara trail opens

On 8/28/2017 5:15 PM, Doug Landau wrote:
http://host.madison.com/wsj/news/loc...9ed31bc57.html

"$8 million, 2.5-mile"

That would be a total embarrassment if anyone on the Dane
County Board could feel shame.

(we are just over the County line from them now.)

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

SMS August 29th 17 03:16 AM

On 8/28/2017 4:03 PM, AMuzi wrote:
On 8/28/2017 5:15 PM, Doug Landau wrote:
http://host.madison.com/wsj/news/loc...9ed31bc57.html

"$8 million, 2.5-mile"

That would be a total embarrassment if anyone on the Dane County Board
could feel shame.

(we are just over the County line from them now.)

They spent $8 million and got a trail. That's better than spending $8
million and getting nothing.

---

Frank Krygowski[_4_] August 29th 17 03:18 AM

On 8/28/2017 6:15 PM, Doug Landau wrote:
http://host.madison.com/wsj/news/loc...9ed31bc57.html

I hope it fares better than the similar one in Akron, Ohio.

http://www.cleveland.com/akron/index..._bridge_o.html

--
- Frank Krygowski

Frank Krygowski[_4_] August 29th 17 03:23 AM

On 8/28/2017 7:03 PM, AMuzi wrote:
On 8/28/2017 5:15 PM, Doug Landau wrote:
http://host.madison.com/wsj/news/loc...9ed31bc57.html

"$8 million, 2.5-mile"

That would be a total embarrassment if anyone on the Dane County Board
could feel shame.

(we are just over the County line from them now.)

I am repeatedly astounded by the price tags on bike facilities. I guess
I'm just out of touch with the cost of things.

But I was on a village committee that got three federal grants for three
different bike or pedestrian projects. Ultimately we had to forego the
last one, for what would have been a nice creekside walking (not bike)
path. It's a long and sordid NIMBY story.

But the head of our Streets Department advised me that for the next such
project, just let them do it without a federal grant. He felt the
federal requirements added so much cost that the village would come out
cheaper just doing the job entirely with local money.

--
- Frank Krygowski

Frank Krygowski[_4_] August 29th 17 03:26 AM

On 8/28/2017 10:16 PM, sms wrote:
On 8/28/2017 4:03 PM, AMuzi wrote:
On 8/28/2017 5:15 PM, Doug Landau wrote:
http://host.madison.com/wsj/news/loc...9ed31bc57.html

"$8 million, 2.5-mile"

That would be a total embarrassment if anyone on the Dane County Board
could feel shame.

(we are just over the County line from them now.)

They spent $8 million and got a trail. That's better than spending $8
million and getting nothing.

That's a pretty low standard you're using.

Under what real life scenario would they have spend $8 million and
gotten nothing?

--
- Frank Krygowski

John B.[_3_] August 29th 17 04:33 AM

Floating Yahara trail opens

On Mon, 28 Aug 2017 19:16:23 -0700, sms
wrote:

On 8/28/2017 4:03 PM, AMuzi wrote:
On 8/28/2017 5:15 PM, Doug Landau wrote:
http://host.madison.com/wsj/news/loc...9ed31bc57.html

"$8 million, 2.5-mile"

That would be a total embarrassment if anyone on the Dane County Board
could feel shame.

(we are just over the County line from them now.)

They spent $8 million and got a trail. That's better than spending $8
million and getting nothing.

---

Probably a grand idea. I suggest that during your next election
campaign you announce that you plan on building 8 million dollar
bicycle paths.... "and as a result folks, taxes will be increased a
bit".

--
Cheers,

John B.

AMuzi August 29th 17 01:56 PM

On 8/28/2017 9:26 PM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 8/28/2017 10:16 PM, sms wrote:
On 8/28/2017 4:03 PM, AMuzi wrote:
On 8/28/2017 5:15 PM, Doug Landau wrote:
http://host.madison.com/wsj/news/loc...9ed31bc57.html

"$8 million, 2.5-mile"

That would be a total embarrassment if anyone on the Dane
County Board could feel shame.

(we are just over the County line from them now.)

They spent $8 million and got a trail. That's better than
spending $8 million and getting nothing.

That's a pretty low standard you're using.

Under what real life scenario would they have spend $8
million and gotten nothing?

In Dane County that's called 'just another Tuesday'.

[email protected] August 29th 17 05:41 PM

On Monday, August 28, 2017 at 7:03:11 PM UTC-4, AMuzi wrote:
On 8/28/2017 5:15 PM, Doug Landau wrote:
http://host.madison.com/wsj/news/loc...9ed31bc57.html

"$8 million, 2.5-mile"

That would be a total embarrassment if anyone on the Dane
County Board could feel shame.

(we are just over the County line from them now.)

"CAD 9.2 million and all we got was a bridge?"
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa...idge-1.3352384

Actually, it gets a lot of use and is quite pleasant this time of year.
--
Andrew Chaplin
SIT MIHI GLADIUS SICUT SANCTO MARTINO