CycleBanter.com

-   Australia (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   {Vic} Amy's Ride - Victoria, 6th January 2007 (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=149078)

cfsmtb November 8th 06 03:34 AM

{Vic} Amy's Ride - Victoria, 6th January 2007

Amy's Ride is on again for 2007, and rooman casually mentioned something
about doing the 120km option. I reckon I'll be in that with a more
disciplined training approach. (hahahahahaha)

Anyway, from memory most of the route out towards Bellarine was
reasonable flat-ish with only one major "undulation". Futher details on
the AGF website.

Early entires can win something that looks like a grownup version of a
Topeak Bikamper Tent. ;)

http://www.amygillett.org.au/index.php/amy_s_ride_2007

--
cfsmtb

ghostgum November 8th 06 04:18 AM

cfsmtb Wrote:
Amy's Ride is on again for 2007, and rooman casually mentioned something
about doing the 120km option. I reckon I'll be in that with a more
disciplined training approach. (hahahahahaha)

Anyway, from memory most of the route out towards Bellarine was
reasonable flat-ish with only one major "undulation". Futher details on
the AGF website.

Early entires can win something that looks like a grownup version of a
Topeak Bikamper Tent. ;)

http://www.amygillett.org.au/index.php/amy_s_ride_2007

I'll probably do the 40km ride with my son on the tag-a-long. The
extra weight makes if feel like twice that distance.

--
ghostgum

cfsmtb November 8th 06 06:29 AM

ghostgum Wrote:
I'll probably do the 40km ride with my son on the tag-a-long. The extra
weight makes if feel like twice that distance.

Did you have that on the Aeolian Ride?

--
cfsmtb

ghostgum November 8th 06 07:09 AM

cfsmtb Wrote:
Did you have that on the Aeolian Ride?

Yes, I was trying to video and take still photos while riding the MTB
with my son on the tag-a-long. Actually, I didn't try to do both at
the same time - that would have been suicidal. But I did keep riding
past the Aeolian riders then, stopping, then attempting to video them
going past.

--
ghostgum

spoken4 November 8th 06 08:15 AM

ghostgum wrote:
cfsmtb Wrote:
Did you have that on the Aeolian Ride?

Yes, I was trying to video and take still photos while riding the MTB
with my son on the tag-a-long. Actually, I didn't try to do both at
the same time - that would have been suicidal. But I did keep riding
past the Aeolian riders then, stopping, then attempting to video them
going past.

I did the bay ride (40km) with daughter in tow on the tag-a-long.
Amy's ride is *my* ride - 120km on the roadie :)

cfsmtb November 9th 06 02:56 AM

spoken4 Wrote:

I did the bay ride (40km) with daughter in tow on the tag-a-long.
Amy's ride is *my* ride - 120km on the roadie :)

Idly considering sloppily putting a team (of sorts) together for the
Geelong 120km. Idly considering nicking Team LA's slogan (or was it a
random BNE ride?)

Slow. Proud. Not matchfit. Join us.

--
cfsmtb

spoken4 November 9th 06 09:21 AM

cfsmtb wrote:
spoken4 Wrote:
I did the bay ride (40km) with daughter in tow on the tag-a-long.
Amy's ride is *my* ride - 120km on the roadie :)

Idly considering sloppily putting a team (of sorts) together for the
Geelong 120km. Idly considering nicking Team LA's slogan (or was it a
random BNE ride?)

Slow. Proud. Not matchfit. Join us.

Sounds good. I'm pretty certain I have a couple of others riding but not
confirmed.

cfsmtb November 9th 06 12:04 PM

spoken4 Wrote:

Sounds good. I'm pretty certain I have a couple of others riding but
not
confirmed.

With just under two months to go we can organise a few things, last
year we got shared transport, accommodation & few other things sussed
out. Maybe a "coffee cart" or a nearby *bike friendly cafe*? Know
*just* the place, shall fire off a email/phone call soon. :)

--
cfsmtb

asterope November 17th 06 04:50 AM

{Vic} Amy's Ride - Victoria, 6th January 2007

heres a bump for the southern contingent too :D

--
asterope

cfsmtb November 18th 06 02:00 AM

asterope Wrote:
heres a bump for the southern contingent too :D

How kind of you. :)

--
cfsmtb