CycleBanter.com

-   Mountain Biking (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   U lock rattle (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=158083)

[email protected] March 18th 07 03:53 AM

U lock rattle

First an update:

I junked the cantilevers on my trek 820 for v brakes and levers. BTW,
I had to modify the little steel brake cable tube that was brazed to
the frame behind the seat tube. I removed about 3/4 of it with a
grinder. I am very pleased with the performance now.

The new issue:

I got a U lock with it and it rattles like a mother when Im riding.
Is there any little things I can do to prevent all of the noise
eminating from the lock? Thanks.

Ride-A-Lot March 18th 07 07:21 AM

U lock rattle

wrote:
First an update:

I junked the cantilevers on my trek 820 for v brakes and levers. BTW,
I had to modify the little steel brake cable tube that was brazed to
the frame behind the seat tube. I removed about 3/4 of it with a
grinder. I am very pleased with the performance now.

The new issue:

I got a U lock with it and it rattles like a mother when Im riding.
Is there any little things I can do to prevent all of the noise
eminating from the lock? Thanks.

Use rubber sticky pads. The sell them for furniture and stuff.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

JD March 18th 07 07:47 PM

U lock rattle

On Mar 17, 7:53 pm, wrote:
First an update:

I junked the cantilevers on my trek 820 for v brakes and levers. BTW,
I had to modify the little steel brake cable tube that was brazed to
the frame behind the seat tube. I removed about 3/4 of it with a
grinder. I am very pleased with the performance now.

The new issue:

I got a U lock with it and it rattles like a mother when Im riding.
Is there any little things I can do to prevent all of the noise
eminating from the lock? Thanks.

Why would you need a U-lock on a mountain bike trail?

JD

Crazy Fred March 18th 07 09:32 PM

U lock rattle

On Mar 17, 11:53 pm, wrote:
First an update:

I junked the cantilevers on my trek 820 for v brakes and levers. BTW,
I had to modify the little steel brake cable tube that was brazed to
the frame behind the seat tube. I removed about 3/4 of it with a
grinder. I am very pleased with the performance now.

The new issue:

I got a U lock with it and it rattles like a mother when Im riding.
Is there any little things I can do to prevent all of the noise
eminating from the lock? Thanks.

I would have to side with JD. But on the other hand pad it.

Beej Jorgensen March 18th 07 10:06 PM

U lock rattle

Crazy Fred wrote:
I would have to side with JD. But on the other hand pad it.

Hey, sometimes you have to stop on the way home to get a pint. Bikes
don't last two minutes unlocked on the street here.

-Beej