CycleBanter.com

-   -   For LBS Mechanics (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=96342)

[email protected] August 12th 05 06:53 AM

For LBS Mechanics

http://www.comics.com/comics/frazz/a...-20050812.html

[email protected] August 12th 05 09:39 PM

For LBS Mechanics

Funny :)

May I ask you, are you the famous Carl Fogel who worked on CVS and now
heads Subversion project?

Alexander Kitaev.

[email protected] August 12th 05 10:09 PM

For LBS Mechanics

On 12 Aug 2005 13:39:05 -0700, wrote:

Funny :)

May I ask you, are you the famous Carl Fogel who worked on CVS and now
heads Subversion project?

Alexander Kitaev.

Dear Alexander,

No, I'm the obscure (in more ways than one) Carl Fogel in
Pueblo, Colorado.

The Subversion version spells "Carl" with a "K"--than which
nothing could be more absurd, to borrow Bierce's definition
of the letter "J" used as a vowel:

http://www.gutenberg.org/dirs/etext97/dvldc10.txt

Here's his home page:

http://www.red-bean.com/kfogel

As far as I know, he's a nice fellow and blissfully unaware
that I infest the same universe.

However, his link to HenrysRecords.org suggests that Henry
Fogel's classical music database is woefully deficient in
Vivaldi, with only 78 recordings:

http://www.henrysrecords.org/search....at=text%2Fhtml

Carl Fogel

[email protected] August 14th 05 05:16 PM

For LBS Mechanics

Hello Carl,

Reading your posts in cycling newsgroups made me mix up you with
Subversion's Karl, - your posts are not only always detailed but also
very accurate and helpful. I got the same impression from reading books
on CVS and Subversion written by Karl Fogel.

One may think that it is the second name that gives you both this great
ability to be helpful and wise, but I also had a "full match" person
who is the famous russian photographer
(http://www.mdf.ru/search/authors/kitaev), we even were born in the
same city, but it doesn't help me in any way :)

Alexander Kitaev.

[email protected] August 14th 05 07:23 PM

For LBS Mechanics

(
http://www.mdf.ru/search/authors/kitaev), we even were born in the
same city, but it doesn't help me in any way :)

Alexander Kitaev.

Dear Alexander,

Well, my posts are undeniably often detailed . . .

Thanks,

Carl Fogel