CycleBanter.com

-   Racing (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   new Sky kit is off the hook! (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=212885)

bar January 4th 10 06:33 PM

new Sky kit is off the hook!

Absolutely redonkulous:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/phot...n-london/99947

You know it's ****e when it something actually make The Shack's kit
look good in comparison ...

-b-

Scott January 4th 10 07:03 PM

new Sky kit is off the hook!

On Jan 4, 11:33*am, bar wrote:
Absolutely redonkulous:

*http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/phot...n-london/99947

You know it's ****e when it something actually make The Shack's kit
look good in comparison ...

-b-

If they replaced the black bits w/ a dark chocolate brown, it would be
quite stylish and trendy. If they just added a bit of argyle, it
would be da' bomb!

Amit Ghosh January 4th 10 07:43 PM

new Sky kit is off the hook!

On Jan 4, 1:33*pm, bar wrote:
Absolutely redonkulous:

*http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/phot...n-london/99947

You know it's ****e when it something actually make The Shack's kit
look good in comparison ...

-b-

i think it looks good. just maybe too rapha-ish

Amit Ghosh January 4th 10 07:43 PM

new Sky kit is off the hook!

On Jan 4, 1:33*pm, bar wrote:
Absolutely redonkulous:

*http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/phot...n-london/99947

You know it's ****e when it something actually make The Shack's kit
look good in comparison ...

-b-

and the jaguar team cars are cool.

Bob Schwartz[_3_] January 4th 10 07:47 PM

new Sky kit is off the hook!

bar wrote:
Absolutely redonkulous:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/phot...n-london/99947

You know it's ****e when it something actually make The Shack's kit
look good in comparison ...

-b-

Well, I'm an advocate of simple kit designs so I'd beg to
differ that it's worse than The Shack's. I like the black
shorts with no colored side panel.

If I were a sponsor I would like how the eye is drawn to
the Sky logo, how easy it is to pick out due to the lack
of competing visual elements.

I will also note that the Sky shorts are more discrete on
rainy days than those of many other teams. This is a flaw
that too many kit designers commit, and if I could slap
them for it you can bet I would.

Bob Schwartz

bar January 4th 10 08:11 PM

new Sky kit is off the hook!

On Jan 4, 2:47*pm, Bob Schwartz
wrote:
bar wrote:
Absolutely redonkulous:

*http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/phot...n-london/99947

You know it's ****e when it something actually make The Shack's kit
look good in comparison ...

-b-

Well, I'm an advocate of simple kit designs so I'd beg to
differ that it's worse than The Shack's. I like the black
shorts with no colored side panel.

If I were a sponsor I would like how the eye is drawn to
the Sky logo, how easy it is to pick out due to the lack
of competing visual elements.

I will also note that the Sky shorts are more discrete on
rainy days than those of many other teams. This is a flaw
that too many kit designers commit, and if I could slap
them for it you can bet I would.

Bob Schwartz

quik step's 'retro' kit for 2010 also seems to have all black shorts:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/phot...for-2010/99735

i guess only the cool teams got the black shorts memo

Bob Schwartz[_3_] January 4th 10 08:20 PM

new Sky kit is off the hook!

bar wrote:
On Jan 4, 2:47 pm, Bob Schwartz
wrote:
bar wrote:
[...]

Like Sky they feature an uncomplicated design with little
visual competition for the primary sponsor's logo. They've
got a blue side panel on the shorts:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/phot...for-2010/99734

So it isn't entirely retro.

Bob Schwartz

Michael Press January 4th 10 09:15 PM

new Sky kit is off the hook!

In article
,
bar wrote:

Absolutely redonkulous:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/phot...n-london/99947

You know it's ****e when it something actually make The Shack's kit
look good in comparison ...

How do they think of these things? They properly make
the shorts black, and then photograph them with grazing
incidence light showing off the team's packages.

--
Michael Press

Anton Berlin January 5th 10 12:10 AM

new Sky kit is off the hook!

"Gee....I don't understand why all of our riders keep suffering from
dehydration and heat exhaustion???"

A. Dumas January 5th 10 12:19 AM

new Sky kit is off the hook!

Op 05-01-10 1:10, Anton Berlin wrote:
"Gee....I don't understand why all of our riders keep suffering from
dehydration and heat exhaustion???"

The back is white.